5.07.2012

Seoul!

Seoul & miscellaneous updates! 

Wow! I have never seen so many people in my entire life smashed into one place! We went to Seoul this past weekend with some friends from church. We got to shop at American stores as well as a Korean market. We ate Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo and also had enjoyed a delicious breakfast! Yes, there was bacon involved =). Our friends we traveled with had the trip planned out so it was nice to have some one show us around Seoul and also show us how the amazing Seoul subway system works! 

I was thankful I got some good deals on clothes as well as some Korean gifts for friends and family. However, for me, there were just too many people! It was over whelming. Alisha just informed me that each day over 1 million people pass through this area ... I probably won't be going there much more =)

Here are a few pictures: 

Lots of people! 
Starbucks =)

Making some beautiful jewelry! Who needs pinterest when you can see it live right? 
Hand painted fans!

Last but not least - this was my favorite part of the trip! I found a guarana! For those of you who are wondering what the heck this is - it is a Brazilian pop! I drank it as a kid and I still drink it at family gatherings when we cook Brazilian food! It gave me a taste of home and made family seem not so far away! =) 


Other life Updates: 


  • Alisha and I were on a hunt for rain boots! We have looked for a while but we were unwilling to pay $60 - $100 for rain boots! I decided I should pray instead of trying to figure it out on my own. Then a friend showed us a place at a market by our house that had rain boots for around $15. I am thankful our friend showed us around and I am thankful that God hears 'rain boot' prayers =) It reminds me how I need to pray more often!



  • Speaking of prayer - that brings me to my next point. Before coming to Korea, I knew my prayer life needed some major work! So, I prayed and asked God to help me in that area! He for sure has answered! Within two months of being here I have heard 3 sermons on prayer, I came across an amazing book on prayer (A Praying Life by Paul E. Miller), and Dave through various conversations has challenged and encouraged me to be better about praying. Back in the US Alisha and I had 'apartment of prayer' and we have started that again. So if you have something you want prayed for e-mail me and I can add it to our apartment of prayer list or I can pray for it on my own. (beka.l.brown@gmail.com) Our church has a prayer meeting 2 times a month so that is awesome as well! I'm definitely a work in progress but I have seen God answer big and little prayers and that has been encouraging! 
I think a passage from the sermon I remember most is from from Luke 18:1-8 about the persistent widow. It was a good reminder how I need to be persistent in prayers. I'm definitely a work in progress but am thankful God works with me and loves me regardless of how weak or strong my prayer life is. 

  • Tonight (Monday, 5/7) we had dinner with a friend from church and then had worship practice. (Yes, Alisha and I stil laugh that we are on the worship team but we are thankful for the blessing it has been.) I think this evening was a God send! Spending time with Christian friends and practicing music that focused on Christ was a huge encouragement to me! 
  • Well - I have lots more I could say, but I will save that for another post and will end with these verses:
  • I Thessalonians 5:18 - Pray without ceasing. 
  • Matthew 7:7-11 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye the, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?  

Thanks again for all the support, love and prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS