11.22.2012

Thanksgiving - Kindy Style!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends back home! Here is a quick recap of Thanksgiving in Korea with the Kindys=) 

My school day started out by me walking into the classroom and saying "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" to which Justin replied "Teacher! No Thanksgiving Day!!! Hug Day" and then he ran and gave me a big bear hug! My heart totally melted!!! Justin used to HATE hugs and now he can't get enough of them! He especially loves to hug when he is in trouble, he somehow thinks it means he is out of trouble ;)




We did rotational cooking classes. I, of course, chose to cook mashed potatoes as I cook them every year for Thanksgiving! Korean's love their portable gas stoves and I must say it is great for cooking class! 



The kids love cooking! Safety isn't always first in Korea but somehow the kids manage to not burn themselves! 


and walaaaa! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mashed potatoes! 


Then we had a massive feast! The food included: mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, caramel apples, gimbap, fruit, avocado (which is a rare thing here!), sweet potato cakes, fried chicken, songpyeon, cabbage salad, sandwiches and I can't remember the rest. There was no rice or kimchi served. 


After lunch we did a craft with our kids followed by Turkey Bowling! The kids had a great time and it was fun to see them have so much fun! 



Ethan, Alisha and I! I'm so thankful for these two co-workers! 

It was a long and tiring day but very awesome! I am not home this year but I am so thankful for where I am and for how God has blessed my life. I never in my life imagined spending a Thanksgiving Day surrounded by 20 kindergarteners but it was one of the best Thanksgiving Day's I will remember and I wouldn't have had it any other way. God, through these little kids, has blessed my life more than I can ever say or describe and for that I am thankful! 

To all my friends and family back home ... I love you each very much, am thankful for you and hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  


I'll end with these verses: 

Psalms 103:2 - Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. 

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughougt all ages., world without end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS