2.06.2013

Coming Home

Dear Family and friends,

Some of you know of what is going on but others don't. I'm writing this blog post to inform everyone.

Over this past fall and winter, our Bible study group has been studying the book of James. We were encouraged to memorize the book of James and were told that God would sink it into the marrow of our bones. I made the commitment to memorize, but asked God to use the verses in my life and to help my memory. Well ... that book could not have come at a better time.

The book of James says the trying of our faith produces patience, it says to ask wisdom from God who giveth to all men liberally, it tells me that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God, it says that our life is like a vapour, and it tells me that I don't know what a day will bring forth.

I'm not even sure how to write all this or how to properly explain. Dave's Mom, Carol, has passed away after a hard battle with cancer. Being away from home is hard, but after a long 11 months of being away from Dave I am moving home tomorrow morning. These were not my original plans but God has each day planned and I know His plan is perfect.

God has done more in my life in Korea than I can ever begin to explain. He has healed my heart as I asked Him to do, has given me a body of believers, has allowed me to share Christ with Korean children, and more than anything else, somehow God has held Dave and I together this whole time and has grown our love in a way I never knew could happen.

I need prayer. Prayer to get home safely and lots of prayer for Dave's family.

While I am home in America, my main focus will be to help Dave and to be still spending time with the Lord. My phone will remain shut off and my contact, for now, with all my friends that I love will be minimal.

I can't tell each of you how much I appreciate your prayers, love and support!

-Beka-

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS