3.20.2013

Bling Bling Ring and a 1 am Wake up Call

Random fact - Did you know I'm hard to surprise? Dave absolutely loves that quality about me. Anyways back to the point, Dave and I started talking about rings May of 2012 after I told him about the nightmare I had of him proposing and busting out the most awful ring ever! I knew my ring had to have some pink in it so I googled pink diamond engagement rings and walaaaa!!! I found a beautiful ring on Pinterest with no link or info attached. So helpful of me =) I let Dave, my sister and a good friend from home know what I had in mind and Dave did all the rest. I have to give him lots of credit because it was no easy task for him to design a ring as I was in Korea.

With distance and everything that happened in our lives this past year it didn't allow for the official proposal {or two} that Dave had planned. I was even home ar Christmas and the jewler called the day after I left letting Dave know the ring was ready - horrible! However, I knew it was coming sooner or later and I patiently waited. I'm currently also in Idaho meeting my nephew and hanging out with my sister and brother-in-law which doesn't make a proposal easy either.

I thought I had figured out Dave's plan several times but then he never showed and I just felt ridiculous. Last week Dave told me he was going to hang out with friends and couldn't Skype with me on Thursday night but said he would talk to me early on Friday morning. He told me very sternly to go to bed early and not blog all night long :)! I was suspicious but told myself to not over think it so I wouldn't feel ridiculous again. I went to bed at midnight {early for me} and was peacefully asleep when all of the sudden the door opened. I saw Dave standing over my bed, my sister turned on the light and started taking pictures. Dave gave me the official proposal and a ring. I'd like to say I said yes but I got so shy I had zero words! Zero. However, I did put my hand out for Dave to put a ring on so that's the same thing in my book.

I'm thankful Dave planned it just the way he did. Not only did he surprise me but he got to meet my sister, brother-in-law and my cute nephew Zachary which meant a lot to me.
Zach likes my ring too! Nephews are so fun!!! <3
Here is the picture many of you have asked me for :) It's a diamond ring with pink sapphires around it. It's gorgeous and Dave did a perfect job designing it, making it all the more special. I'm one blessed, loved and thankful girl.




11 comments:

  1. Oh my word he did sooo good Beka! It's so beautiful and that was very thoughtful how he did it. Can't wait to see it in person!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love this post. And YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! Love you lots too and I'm still so thankful for all your 'life as a wife' advice! <3

      Delete
  3. Wowza girl! That is beautiful!! Congrats! So fun that he surprised you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wake up call. love it. love that you were surprised. love that you are in love.

    Following you now from the GFC Hop. I'm getting my groove back in this silly little bloggy world and I would love, love, love for you to be a part of the story we're writing at Local Sugar Hawaii . I'd so love for you to share your sweet story with us at our no rules link up with friends. Save ya a spot?

    xo,
    Nicole
    www.localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I am way beyond blessed! I'd love to share my story. =)

      Delete
  5. That is so sweet! My boyfriend always says that it would be so hard to surprise me because I always know whats going on. Gorgeous ring also! I am your newest follower from the Friend Connect Blog Hop :)

    justina @ http://justinawho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) We girls are hard to surprise sometimes... I followed you back via Bloglovin. Thanks for stopping by and showing some blog love!

      Delete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS