8.20.2013

Washi Tape

Washi tape - have you ever heard of it? Let me tell you a bit about it. It comes from Japan and is made of rice. It's great for DIY projects because you can tear it, reposition it, write on it, etc. It's very easy to work with and you can do all kinds of things with it. 
Korea also sells some washi tape. (If you are one of my friends in Korea reading this ... go to Daiso and stock up on it before you move home). Sometime this summer, I started thinking again about washi tape and how I want to make Christmas cards with it. I began my hunt for an on-line store and I stumbled across cute tape. The store has many varieties and options. Thanks to my granny, as a birthday gift, I got to pick out 11 washi tapes. =) !!! You can also buy a different form of washi tape at craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michaels and even Walmart) but if it isn't from Japan and made from rice it won't be as versatile for crafts. 
Here are some of the ways I have used washi tape 


labels / organization in the kitchen

I made this canvas by cutting paper toilet rolls, spray painting them gray and hot gluing them onto this canvas. 
I then added washi tape as a border. 

I have made many cards with washi tape but here are my Christmas cards.

It's a fun craft product. Have you ever used it? 

3 comments:

  1. so cute!! i love it on the jars.. that is so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love washi tape! Thanks for some more ideas for crafting with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.
    Kitchen & Dining

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS