9.10.2013

2 years and 1 month ago


Welcome to day 6 of Blogtember - 'describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn'. Honestly, I'm glad this blog post is in here. I thought about writing this last month and 'blogtember' brought this topic it back up so I'd figure I'd share.

Well ... 2 years and 1 month ago my life took a big turn. I had dated someone long distance for way too long. The whole situation was a big mess and I knew God had better plans for me. Honestly, I felt trapped and had tried and tried to get out and I just couldn't do it. I distinctly remember a phone conversation that went terrible. I got hung up (rude!) and after that I stood in my room and decided 'no more'. I didn't know if I would follow through because I had said that so many times but I thought I'd try again. The only thing that changed me and pulled me through was God himself. Have you ever read all of those verses in Psalms that talks about God setting a prisoner free? That was me and I'm so thankful God set me free.

However, I'm not here to report to you about my lame past I'm here to report to you what God did these past 2 years and 1 month! Here it is:

I went to Korea where my whole mind was renewed and my heart was healed. That's huge! I got to fellowship among Christians from all over the world, study the Bible with them, laugh, craft, cry travel and spend quality time.
Dave - I don't even know where to begin on this one. Dave loved me through those hard times. My broken and messed up heart had some major healing to do and I've never seen someone choose to practice Christ-like love when it was hard and something he didn't 'feel' like doing.
I got to spend a year with a great friend who loves Jesus. We had a grand time.
a new name to a face - Have you ever heard of a name and just didn't like it because you knew someone bad who had that name? Well ... when I stepped into my class in Korea I had two kids by my ex's name. I cringed for about 2 split seconds and then thanked God that I had new faces for a name. Let me just say that those two little boys were some of the sweetest and most intelligent people I have ever met! 
I got married
I'm an Aunt, two times now
I live in Oklahoma - ha! I know, you might be laughing but this little community here is growing on my heart in a way I never expected. Many people here love Jesus and live it out. I'm thankful for that. 

I don't know who will be reading this post or what is going on in everyone's life but I do know, no matter where you are in life or what situation you are in Jesus can and wants to deliver you. He wants to give you the most abundant life that even you couldn't think of! 

I'll leave you with these two verses 

Psalms 126:3 - The LORD hath done great things for us; where of we are glad. 

John 10:10b - I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! It is amazing how God works in us! How He brings us through the hard times, when all along He was preparing us for something bigger and better than we can imagine! He is so good! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it crazy how God works things out? Also, so not laughing about Oklahoma ;)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS