9.05.2013

be kind

Day 3 of Blogtember - 'pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered'. The two words of advice ... be kind. Simple yet hard to continually practice.
picture taken in Geoje Korea with no filter
This advice comes from the Bible and is engrained in me thanks to my Mom. Remember how I told you I grew up in Brazil? Well, our house there had a cute little entry way, a walk in area followed by two steps. Remember also how I told you that there were 4 siblings in five years? Well, if you can imagine we had our fair shares of fights. Nothing terrible just the normal kid stuff. My siblings and I would fight and of course, being the youngest, I made sure to tell on them. =) Often times my Mom would make us go to the entry way, up those two steps and recite the following: 'Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another tender hearted forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.' I despised that as a kid and thought it a ridiculous task. 

You know what though? It must have stuck with us. Last year when in Korea, I called my brother and told him how naughty Justin was. You know what my brother told me? "be kind, Beka". My reply?? "I was kind!" He told me it isn't a one time act but repeated kindness that was needed. 
Doesn't he just look like a cute bundle of trouble?

People need kindness. I know during the lowest times in my life a drop of kindness made all the difference. We need it continuously. 

What's your best advice? Did your Mom ever do any things like this to teach you something good? 

2 comments:

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS