9.30.2013

my wedding ring holder

Wow today is the last day of Blogtember. Day 20 to be exact. Participating has been a lot of fun. What do you all think about it? Was it fun to read? I'd love some feedback. It definitely taught me that having somewhat of a structured plan for blogging can be super beneficial. A big shout out and thanks to Jenni over at 'story of my life' for hosting Blogtember all month long.

Today's blog prompt is to 'share a photo of something old. Something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning for you. Tell us about it and why it is so special.'

This is my wedding ring holder that my sister-in-law made for me. It is by far one of, if not the most, thoughtful gift I have received. All of the items are from her Mom and Grandma. It has jewelry, shells and some material from a bridesmaid's dress that was used in her Mom's wedding.

I also received this gift when I came home last year for Christmas which is another reason it meant a lot. Giving a gift that sentimental to someone who hasn't been around, in my opinion, is kind of a step of faith. I'll cherish these gifts because as most of you know my mother-in-law passed away this past February. This ring holder is something that I will cherish and remember her by.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything like that before. It's gorgeous! What a fun idea. I enjoyed reading everyone's Blogtember posts. I didn't participate a lot, maybe only 2 or 3, but I liked reading the other posts. Having at least an idea of a schedule is a good idea, at least for me. But i don't plan out my entire month like some people. I think it's all just how you want to do it and what works for you!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS