9.12.2013

Orange Blueberry Muffins


Orange Blueberry Muffins! These are one of my top favorite things to bake. In all honesty, I'm not a huge baker but I do bake these. They are so good!

I think these muffins are good but they also hold dear memories with my friends Kirsten and Shenel. They always ask me to bake some for them and somehow and we usually end up eating muffins, drinking coffee, sharing about life and always laughing.

This recipe is really easy to make. I hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients

2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. orange juice + 2 tbsp.
1 orange
1 c. blueberries 


Directions

1. Mix all of your dry ingredients together.  Zest the orange and mix it in with the dry ingredients.

2. Squeeze the juice from the orange and then add more orange juice to equal ¾ cup. I used fresh pressed orange juice but you don't have too.

3. Add the oil and egg to the orange juice and whisk together for about 30 seconds.

4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together until well blended. If the mixture seems a bit dry add a splash of orange juice to it.

5. Gently fold in the blueberries.

6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400° or until golden brown.

Makes 6 large muffins or 12 medium sized muffins.


                                    Wooden spoons and yellow baking cups can be purchased at Paper Eskimo.


                                                                 What's your favorite type of muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS