11.01.2013

ways to show your gratitude in november

Happy November 1st!

Isn't this time of year exciting? I'm looking forward to the holidays and all that comes with it. It's my first year to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas being married, which I'm looking forward to.

Last year when I lived in Korea my roommate Alisha and I decided to take a different spin on Thanksgiving. Instead of making a list of all we were thankful for (which is good!) we decided to pick an attribute of God a day and verse that went with it. We strung them up all over our ceiling in Korea and we had a great time and learned a lot too. Alisha posted about all the attributes of God she studied. You should check it out here.

I think it's important to be purposeful in setting some time aside each November to focus on what we are thankful for. I think it's good to remember all of our blessings because we take them for granted too often.

I came across three amazing linkups that all include gratitude. I am going to participate in hopefully all three. I wanted to share them with you as well so you can participate too.


1. 30 Thankful Days - This is a thankful project hosted by Click it Up a Notch. Each day in November you snap a picture of something you are thankful for, upload it to Instagram and use the hashtag #30thankfuldays. How fun is that? You get to practice photography and be thankful at the same time. For all the scoop on how it works please click here.

2. The Thankful Project - This is 28 days of intentional gratitude and community. There is a prompt for each day of something to be thankful for. This is a linkup BUT you do not have to have a blog to participate. You can print it off and journal it, share with your family, post it on Facebook, etc. For all the scoop on how it works and to get the prompts please click here.

3. The Grad-Itude 101 - The gratitude project - mindful lessons in thankfulness. This occurs each Wednesday. You get to share what you are thankful for and this month they are doing themed posts for each Wednesday. Once again, if you aren't a blogger that is ok. Some of the themed posts are actions. For example one is to write 3 cards to people. For all the scoop on how it works please click here.

Wanna join in? I hope so! Do you have any traditions you do to help you be grateful?


2 comments:

  1. I've been planning to participate in The Thankful Project. But I will be sharing about a week's worth of prompts every Thursday - for Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these :) I have been looking for a Thanksgiving link-up!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS