1.17.2014

Photography Friday - Week 1 & 2

Happy Friday friends and welcome to the first week of Photography Friday. 



In case you missed it last week here is how Photography Friday will work.
  • Each Friday I'll have a blog post with my 'theme picture' for the week. I'll have a link-up and you can add yours too! 
  • If you don't link up feel free to give me feedback on my picture. I appreciate advice and tips.
  • Your link-up does not have to be solely a photography post. You can write whatever you want but your photograph in the post does need to be related to the weekly theme. Some of my posts on Friday won't be solely related to photography either. 
  • Not a pro? Me either! I'm new to this photography business. You can use your iPhone, a point and shoot camera an Instagram picture, etc. This is all about learning, creativity and enjoying photography. 
  • Don't have a blog? No problemo! Each Friday, I'll have the Photography Friday Post on SS2SI FB Page. You can add a picture in a comment or you can just post on my wall with your photo. 
  • Feedback - I'd LOVE some feedback on my pictures and I know others would too. Visit at least 2 other blogs and give them some feedback on their pictures. That way we are all learning and growing. 
  • Share - Feel free to share on Twitter, FB, etc. I'll do my very best to retweet and promote your photography posts too! 
  • I have created a button and I'd love it if you added it to your post or link it back to my blog so more people can get involved. However, if you don't that's perfectly fine too. =)
________________________________________________________________________________

Today's Photography Friday is : something you are thankful for and eating out or anything food related.

Something I'm thankful for : I'm thankful for outdoor walks especially in winter when the weather is nice enough to go outside. When Dave and I travel he often likes to go to a park and hike or run. I personally don't want to go running in the morning because that means I'm sweaty and feel nasty all day. So, instead of running I walk. I enjoy these walks because they are peaceful, a slower pace, and I often pray during these walks.

I do wish there were more green on the trees. What do you think of this picture? What would you have done differently when capturing this picture?
ISO 1600    f/7.1    SS 640      Lens:  50mm f1.4 Lens



I honestly didn't have eating out pictures for this week because we at home. However, Dave and I did go to a place called Pops over the weekend. It's a historical place in OKC on Route 66. They have over 300 different varieties of pops. I even managed to get some Brazilian Guarana while there. They had so many bottles lined up. It was fun to take lots of pictures of them. 
 ISO 6400   f/3.2    SS 1/200  Lens: 50mm f/1.4

________________________________________________________________________________

Next week's photo theme will be 'music'. If you want to see the prompt for each week please click here 


Sunshine to the Square Inch







12 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the bottles! For the first picture, I think I would play with perspective a bit. Crouch down, get in line with the brush, get in the brush...play around with it that way. I'm one of those who will sit my butt on the ground just to get an angle I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun link up! I love walks in the winter too! We don't get many good days for that to happen in MN though! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I'd do different on your outdoor picture is turn the iso down a little. I'm still learning, but the path and green look a tad blown out. Love the composition though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really good point and I didn't think too much about it. Honestly, I was a big chicken because I didn't want to get on the ground because it was a bit muddy. However, I think there are still ways to do that without getting muddy.


    Thanks so much for the input.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Rachel. That's so sad that you don't get walks in the winter =(. I'm not a huge fan of the cold so I admire you Minnesotans that can brave it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Chelsea. I love those bottles too. Probably too much, I took around 50 pictures just of all the bottles. They were fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rachel! That is a good point to turn my ISO down. 1600 is pretty high. I think I should have turned the ISO down and then adjusted the other settings as needed.


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I am happy that I found your blog. I hope to join in on this fun. I think for you outdoor picture you could have taken the picture on the ground look up. Or put the camera in the grass towards the road to capture the leaves and sun. Also for you soda pop picture there is SO many angles you could work with. hehe. But I am just a beginner and think that your pictures are amazing anyways. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Cody. I'll have to take some more nature shots and practice getting lower.


    I hope you join in too and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your welcome. I was hopping to join in last week but it didn't happen. I will join in soon though. Now that my traveling is over.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS