3.10.2014

Carlsbad caverns and whitesands - New Mexico + Lunch in OKC

Happy Monday! Anyone else excited about that extra hour of daylight we get? I don't' even care about losing that hour of sleep; I'm just glad it is lighter for longer in the evenings. 

I hope you all had a good weekend! Dave and I decided to head to NM this past weekend. We were on a mission to escape winter and small town life. We ended up going to Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands. Dave suggested the caverns and I was in a panic because I thought it entailed miles of hiking. However, it did not. Carlsbad Caverns are caves - huge huge caves! I had no idea they existed. I took a lantern tour of the caves, which was rather interesting and fun. After the caves we drove over to White Sands National Monument. I have a love for sand dunes - this is my 5th sand dune park I have visited.  

Today I'm in OKC and I had lunch with Amanda aka The Lady Okie. I never in my wildest dreams thought blog land would bring me new friends but I'm so glad it did. We have got together twice and have yet to take a picture together. We decided that was called #bloggerfail =)
                       
How was your weekend? Are you loving more daylight or do you hate to lose an hour of sleep? 

                                                                                                     

Today I'm also teaming up with Melyssa over at The Nectar Collective for a lovely little giveaway. There are two prizes - $125 Amazon gift card and a $50 Etsy gift card. Hope on over here to enter. 

22 comments:

  1. Caverns are so cool! I went to Luray in VA and definitely want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the daylight over sleep any day! So glad spring is almost here! Your mini-vacation looks like so much fun. This warmer weather definitely warrants some more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those caverns are so beautiful. It's weird because I haven't had daylight savings in 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The caverns are cool, but i'm TOTALLY into the sand dunes! So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long of a drive to those sand dunes and the lantern caverns? Those look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 24 hours of daylight would be tricky! How do you manage that? I think I would buy black out curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they had any in VA! I might have to check those out someday. I don't think pictures can depict caverns - they are just something you gotta see for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad spring is almost here too!!! I'm over winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a long time to not have any daylight savings. I didn't miss it when I didn't have it either so I guess you just adjust accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! Caverns are something you just have to see in person. However, I don't like being underground and away from the sunshine for long so the sand dunes win any day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A long time! 7 1/2 hours to the caves, 3 hours over to the dunes and then 8 1/2 hours home =) Our car is a good friend and I'm a pro at napping in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, if you can't give us blate pictures I'm happy to look at these :) both the caves and the dunes look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have always wanted to visit a sand dune park! so neat!!! :)
    and i agree - losing that hour of sleep is so worth it for some extra sunlight!! it's actually not pitch black when i get home from work now! yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, we will take a blate picture next time we get together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should google and see if there are some around you somewhere. I'm surprised at how many there are. That is nice to have sunlight when you get home from work. If not you feel cooped up all day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. White Sands is one of my absolute favorite places. I love it. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to hear someone else has heard of it and visited. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, gorgeous place. I would love to visit.
    www.jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup, Luray Caverns and I think the others are called Grand Caverns, but I'm not 100% on that. And I totally agree, they are definitely so much cooler in person!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoy both switches when they happen. It takes me a bit longer to get use to losing an hour of sleep though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should visit if you ever get the chance. Are there sand dunes near where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I only like the Spring time change. I don't like it when it is so dark in the winter but I guess that does make me appreciate spring all the more. Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. =)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS