3.31.2014

Hawaii through my iPhone

Hi friends! I hope you have been well these past 10+ days. Dave and I had a great time in Hawaii and I'm going to be honest and say a social media break felt so good. However, I am glad to be back and to get into the swing of things again. 

I thought I'd do a quick recap of our trip through iPhone photos: 

                   
1. Plane trip there
2. Oahu from the air
3. Kailua beach where we spent our first 5 days
4. Sunrise in Kailua Beach - Thanks to jet lag I was up super early the first 4 to 5 days. 
5. Flag above the USS Arizona that was sunk during Pearl Harbor. Very sombering to be there and made me appreciate my freedom 
6. I ran! 
7. Koko Crater trail - I sweated a disgusting amount climbing up that mountain but the view at the top was worth it. 
8. Sometimes it's too sunny for selfies ;)
9. A luau - I liked the lei more than the luau. 

                        
10. Waterfall in Oahu - can't remember the name 
11. We are 1!!! I told this to Dave at least 50 times :)
12. Volcano glow in the Big Island 
13. I loved all the flowers 
14. Akaka Falls on te Big Island 
15. Mauna Kea - tallest mountain from the sea bed. One of my favorite things and also one of the scariest as we drove up there. I was so scared I almost puked. 
16. Geckos - yes, I fed them some papaya. 
17. Swimming with the dolphins. Can't even describe how fun it was to swim in the wild with them. 
18. Waikiki beach - our last stop on the trip. I thought it was waaaaay overcrowded but we wanted to at least see what it looked like. There were two massive turtles hanging out there which was fun to see. 

That's a quick recap of Hawaii. I can't wait to catch up with everyone and I hope you all are doing well!

28 comments:

  1. We got to spontaneously swim with Dolphins on our trip too! Craziest/coolest/most memorable experience from our trip! Bummer was we were just out snorkeling (not planning to see anything crazy cool) and weren't expecting the 70+ pod of dolphins that came upon us! We were out there for 2:30 hours and I could have stayed all day for sure! Love love love. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! It looks like it was an amazing trip! That Akaka falls shot is beautiful!! Swimming with dolphins sounds incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I have never been to Hawaii, but it's definitely on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Makes me want to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh that looks amazing! :) loved following along on instagram! glad you're back - get some rest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun! And gorgeous pictures! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more photos I love Hawaii its so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hawaii is one of the top destinations on my list of places to go. I love seeing your photos and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed the islands! We lived there for 3 years and I miss it way too much! What would be your number one experience there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved seeing your pics on Instagram! Looks like you two had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I freaking love the dolphins! We saw them when we were snorkeling too but they were a bit too far out for me to feel comfortable swimming on my own out to them. I love all the fish too though. They are so colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We did have a really good time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swimming with the dolphins was by far one of my favorite parts of the trip. The waterfalls were too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should go sometime. I recommend the big Island over Oahu but both are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you do get to go back sometime. Does your family still have a time share there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, friend! I finally did get some rest. I slept in until 10:30 this morning. I was a zombie yesterday but feel much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm excited to share the photos. I haven't even downloaded them to my computer yet but am hoping to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much. I definitely recommend going once. It was a very unique landscape and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun that you lived there? Number one experience??? Well, I can't pick one ... I'd say ocean wise swimming with the dolphins. Hiking wise - was Koko Crater Trail. Mountain wise - MOna Kea. Have you been there? I couldn't believe we were above the clouds and the stars were so bright. It was surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you enjoyed them. We did have a god time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing pics (and making me jealous LOL). Also thanks for stopping by my blog--it's great to find another NB user! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. No, my grandparents got rid of their condo a while ago. Unfortunately. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful pics!! i am so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We did have a lot of fun! I ran a 10k in my NB this past weekend and it felt great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you like them. I haven't even begin to edit my 700+ HI pics.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS