5.09.2014

Photography Friday Week 18 - Something you can't live without


Welcome to week 18 of Photography Friday. Photography Friday is a 20 week challenge to help improve our photography skills. There is a weekly prompt / theme for each week that you can be as creative with as you'd like. This week's theme is something you can't live without and next week's theme is 'a day in the life of'. For further information please click here.  
_____________________________________________

Something you can't live without

This topic made me think. It made me think a lot. On a surface level I'd tell you that I can't live without coffee. There is hardly a day that goes by where I don't make a big cup of java to sip on. Lately my favorite has been espresso, hot milk, sugar and a massively delicious amount of fresh whipped cream on top. I highly recommend it. I'm also positive that coffee tastes better in a cute mug? Anyone else understand that concept? ;) My go to mug has been one I eyed and swooned over in Hawaii and it was the souvenir I took home with  me. 

I'd also tell you I can't live without Dave. He is my best friend in life, my biggest fan and well, my husband, of course. We live life together. My family? Yep, I can't imagine life without any of them either. 

Coffee and family are really nice but those aren't things I need to base my life around. Things and people are temporary. As much as I hate that thought, it's true.

So what is that permanent thing that I can't live without? The answer is simple - it's The Word. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, it's Jesus.

This past Tuesday I woke up feeling 'down'. Ever have one of those days? I've been a bit down because our moving plans aren't going as quickly as I had imagined and to be honest, there are days where I get lonely and think my small town life is just blah. I think if I lived elsewhere that I could have more of a 'purpose'. I told Dave about how I was feeling that morning and he prayed with me and then reminded me that my feelings were lying to me and to be sure to spend some time in the Word, and so I did. And man, I'm so glad I did. When I opened the Bible and began my study it's like God spoke life into me and reminded me that first and foremost I'm called unto Him (Luke 6:13). My calling isn't a task, a title, a location or anything else but to Him. Secondly, God gives us assignments. Currently, my assignment is to live in a small town, to be a good wife to Dave, to be kind to my apartment neighbors I see around, to be friendly and intentional with the friends I have here and to also be intentional with family and friends in Wichita. I thought that also sounded so mundane but I'm so thankful that God showed me that where He places me isn't mundane but it is a place designed by Him for me to serve Him and others.

Time in the Word and prayer is really something I can't live without. I admit I'm quick to neglect it, I forget to be intentional about it but I'm telling you when I sit down with God and He speaks life into my heart it changes everything. I hope you, friend, are making time for Jesus. He will change everything! 

 All photos were shot with my 50mm 1.4 lens / edited using iPhoto and Pixler

What's something you can't live without?
What have you been learning from Jesus lately? I'd love to hear! 
_____________________________________________

If you have a photography post ready please put it in the comment section and I'll stop by and see your lovely photos.

                                               Sunshine to the Square Inch




10 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Your hair is so pretty, and i'm the same..I can't live without the word of God nourishing my heart!! It's amazing how much it brings life to our bodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! and you are so right! we cannot live without Jesus most of all! everything and everyone else.... we could live without although it wouldn't be preferable! but Him we would be lost without! :) love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friend! My hair is the 'throw some mousse in it at night and wake up with it wild' look ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather live with family + Jesus too! I am glad that He is something that can't be taken from us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, girl! I love it too, especially the whipped cream part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fun they have the same mug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously, it's the words inside that make it important--but I do love the cover of your Bible, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THAT MUG! xoxoand your pretty Bible :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this Bible for two important reasons:
    1. The pretty pink cover! I just had to.
    2. It's King James Version and they don't put pretty covers on lots of KJV versions. I grew up with that version and just love it.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS