6.27.2014

Strawberry Mint Limeades


Today is another round of Cooks in the Kitchen hosted by Sweet Lavender Bake Shop and Elah Tree. This is a monthly linkup about cooking! They give you an ingredient each month and you can create whatever you want using that ingredient.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I don't love American strawberries. There, I said it. I'm guilty. You can't blame me though. When I lived in Korea we went on a field trip picking strawberries and I'm here to tell you that those were the sweetest, tastiest most delicious strawberries I've ever had. I had them all the time when they were in season. When I came back to America and tried a strawberry .... um, excuse me? That's not a strawberry like I know!


Anyways, even though I don't love strawberries as much I still do eat them (it's Dave's favorite fruit) - I'll put them in salads and smoothies. Today I put them in a limeade. This personally wasn't my favorite drink but Dave and my Mom really liked it so I'm guessing if you are a strawberry lover you will like it. It's a fun refreshing drink and I think it would be fun at a party. 



Also, this recipe was inspired by make and take



Do you guys like strawberries? If so, what do you eat them with? 


_________________________________

On another random note - next month is my BIRTHDAY! It's going to be a fun month on the blog - think favorite summer treats + the monthly giveaway will be a big accumulation of my favorite things! I'm currently taking sponsors for July. Your sponsorship comes with a group feature and automatic entries into the giveaway. I'm currently offering 23% off all sponsorships with the code BIRTHDAY. For more info click here

22 comments:

  1. You always have the best drink concoctions! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! Hope you try it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blushing* ! You are so nice to say that. The ingredient for next month is blueberries and I started thinking "blueberry, watermelon drink" and then it dawned on me that I post a bunch of drink recipes =) What's your favorite drink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love strawberries but now I'm just dying to know what a Korean strawberry tastes like! But maybe I shouldn't, then I probably won't be able to eat regular strawberries again.
    This drink looks delicious though, I'm definitely going to give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Korean strawberries have the strawberry taste, are a bit sweeter and have no tartness. I think that is what I can't handle here is the tartness. Some people love that aspect though!


    Hope you enjoy the recipe. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure how I haven't stumbled across your blog before now, but it's beautiful! I'm glad you responded to my comment at A Harvest of Blessing, so now I've discovered this lovely little space. Can't wait to start following along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried organic strawberries? I haven't tried Korean....but organic compared to non have a HUGE flavor difference in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's an organic u-pick farm down the road from us where we're going to go pick strawberries tomorrow--those are pretty good! Angel makes something similar, although he just throws strawberries, mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in the blender--it's really refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower here Enjoying the blog and this recipe Looking forward to more of your posts
    Have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love strawberries! I took my three children strawberry picking on Monday. We have great strawberries here in Michigan. I love them much more than the ones I buy in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this actually looks SOOOO delicious. i'm definitely going to try it this summer on a nice hot day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so kind! Thanks for your compliment and I'm so glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tried them. In fact, we got some at the farmers market in Washington. Well, they weren't 100% organic because apparently the minimal amount of fertilizer they had to use wasn't officially 'organic'. However, I still think Korean berries are better.


    I will say that fresh organic berries do have a different and better flavor. Plus, I like knowing they weren't sprayed with chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that sounds like so much fun! & a u-pick farm is better than grocery shopping for them because I know how much you love grocery stores =)


    Angel's idea sounds like a fast version of what I did, which saving time is a big deal. These limeades took a while because of the heating and cooling down process.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much!!! Glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strawberry picking with kids sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys have good and fresh berries up there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Let me know what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I think you should definitely keep posting them! I am a fan of lemonade, but really good quality, with a little bit of tart. I hate the lemonade that comes out of a fountain or a pop bottle. I haven't ever made my own but I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so good! I totally want to try an Korean strawberry now! I love how easy this looks too! So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, if you ever go to Korea go during early spring and you'll get some good strawberries =) I'm glad I linked up too. I love this linkup (I know I told you before but twice won't hurt)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of course! Thanks for hosting it. It's one of my favorite linkups and I look forward to it each month. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS