7.31.2014

Foodie Penpal - A food exchange


July's foodie pen pal was amazing! 

If you haven't heard of foodie pen pals let me give you a quick intro. A clever blogger named Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean had an idea that it would be fun to create pen pals that sent each other food - hence the Foodie Penpal program began.

I really love this program because there is no long term obligation. You sign up month by month. You are then paired with someone and send them a food box of food with around $15. You also e-mail and find out what your foodie pen pal can and can't eat. It's a great way to try new foods and to meet someone new. 

I signed up this month because you know, my birthday. It was super awesome because my foodie pen pal actually had a birthday in July too! She lives in WI and sent me some local treats aka awesomeness! 

What was in the box?

-Collective Coffee
-Carrot Cake Jam
-Crackheads (chocolate covered coffee beans ... they are all gone)
-Gail Ambrosius hand made chocolate
-Mustard 
-Sweet Potato Hot Sauce
-Superfood Peanut Butter
-2 food magazines from WI
-Birthday balloons 
-A handwritten card that was so sweet and thouthgtful

The hot sauce is made by her neighbors! She said the baby on the bottle is now 4 years old! How fun is that? 


If you want to read my other posts on my foodie pen pal experience you can read about it here & here

Wanting to sign up for this program? Awesome! You can find all the information right here. Be sure to read all the information and you must sign up by the 4th of the month to allow ample time to match everyone.  

13 comments:

  1. What fun! Is the idea to send your penpal foods that are local to your state and/or area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to send local foods. You can really send whatever type of food you like - home made food, your favorite foods, ets. I just think it is really fun to send local foods. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea so much! I just signed up! YAYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so fun!!! :) crackheads - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun! You should sign up =).
    Those crackheads were sooo good and I ate them sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You are going to LOVE it! I might sign up for next month too. =) I'd laugh and jump for joy if we got paired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I'm going to do it! Thanks for sharing. Now I just need to think of what I am going to send my foodie penpal. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so welcome! I hope you will love it like I have. You get to e-mail your foodie penpal before you ship them a box. It's fun because you can kind of find out what they like and then come up with something fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SometimesphotojenikAugust 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM

    what an awesome idea!! I love penpals and i love food! I think I'm going to sign up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally should! I think the sign ups for this month are already set but you could sign up for September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I waited until August 6th to sign up so that I could have a September pen-pal. I wanted time to think about my food selections. I already have my whole box planned out, so I hope my pen-pal doesn't have any allergies. Ha ha! I guess I can try to be flexible (maybe). I'm really excited for this! I'll keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you are so thoughtful with everything. I'm sure you will have a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS