8.25.2014

Missionary Monday - Updates, What to pray for + a Vlog

Welcome to week 4 of my August series called Missionary MondaysMissionary Mondays are weekly updates on how God is guiding Dave and I to Myanmar (Burma) & Thailand. We hope these posts will help answer any questions but if you have any other questions please ask! We love questions. 

This week I'm sharing upcoming dates/ plans, what we need prayer for + I have a little video for you!

This is a piece of land in Myanmar that the school is hoping to purchase

For previous updates please read the following:

Week 1- A recap on meeting the Holmes who serve in Thailand + an overview of the ministry there.
Week 2 - What are you willing to eat for the sake of the gospel?
Week 3 - Why Myanmar (Burma)
Overdue Update - This gives a general overview of our upcoming move and plans.
Pam & Zama in Myanmar - The people we are going to serve with in Myanmar have been so kind as to write a blog post all about the work they are doing over there. I hope you will check it out.


It occurred to me that I have never really mentioned on my blog when we are leaving nor have I given any time frame for our move. So, I'm going to update you all with what I know. We don't have all our dates picked out yet but here is what we have so far.

September, 20th. That's the day we are leaving Woodward. From Woodward we will head back to Kansas with our belongings. We have a friend who is kind enough to let us store all our belongings in his basement so we will be moving everything into his house. We will then plan to spend a few days in Kansas seeing family and friends.

50 States  - After we visit Kansas Dave is on a mission to check off a big item from his bucket list: visiting all 50 US States before he turns 30 (which is in October). He has the New England States left as well as North Dakota. We don't have the exact date of when we leave on that trip but it will be a few days after we arrive in Wichita. We are going to camp, hike and explore that area.

Idaho / North Dakota  - If you read carefully in that last paragraph you read North Dakota. Well, I have zero desire to go to North Dakota. Why would I want to go to to ND when I could be seeing family (aka cute nephews)? So, after New England Dave is heading to North Dakota and I'm heading to Idaho. Dave will eventually meet me in Idaho and we are leaving our car there with my sister for  year. We will then fly back to Wichita.

November - In early November we are planning to head out for Thailand and Burma. We don't have tickets booked yet but we are hoping to get that done around the 3 leave month mark which would be early September. We want to spend a few days in Thailand and then head over to Burma.

Did you guys catch all that?! It's packed full, right? With that huge list here is what we could use prayer for:

1. Our Walk with God - That through all the transitions we will keep our eyes focused on Jesus. That we will spend time in prayer and in the Word even though we feel that there are a bunch of other things to do.

2. Our Marriage - Pray that we will work together as a team during all of these changes.

3. Our Move - That we will get good flights, packing, visas, insurance, etc.

4. Burma - One of our big prayers for Burma right now is that God would provide $500,000 to purchase land. I'll be posting more on this soon but please be in prayer about that.

5. Goodbyes - Please pray for us as we say bye to family and friends for a year. I've never been too emotional about moving away .... until I had nephews. Also, we just love all of our family and friends, and although we are very excited to go, it is sad to say bye for a year.

Last but not least here is that little video I promised you all. We filmed it and I'm not gonna lie - I haven't even previewed it so you are getting the real unedited version guys =)


Thanks for reading along! We appreciate your support!

10 comments:

  1. This is crazy amazing! You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Chelsea! We appreciate prayer a whole bunch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Oh silly Dave. At least he said hi to all your readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! He was funny. Originally him and Holly said "let's dance" and I said "NO way! The Lady Okie Dances and that's her vlogs" ba ha ah! You know when Dave likes to film things? When I'm hiking and can't breathe. On Pike's Peak when I was wheezing he would flip out his camera and start filming and talking and trying to get us to talk. nope! Didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yay! i feel so special that my question got it's own video! & my husband would do the exact same thing yours did! i really hope you don't have to eat dog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I got to answer it. It made me think a lot. I don't think I'll have to eat dog - it's a slim chance. So hopefully it just won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the vlog! I must say I laughed out loud (literally) when you mentioned eating dog- such a legitimate fear but for some reason I still think it's funny (is that terrible??) I'll be praying for you especially saying goodbye to friends and family- I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you laughed and I don't think it's terrible. I'm laughing now but I'll probably be in shock if it actually happens. It's just a completely different culture than what I'm used to. Thanks for the prayers! They are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, you have a schedule jam-packed with upcoming adventures! How exciting! I hope that everything goes smoothly as you prepare for your big move. I can't wait to read about all of your new experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it goes smoothly too because sometimes this full schedule makes me a little worried =) However, I'm really excited and I know all things will work out. Thanks for being excited with me!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS