8.08.2014

My Favorite Photography Apps



I don't know about you but I'm always curious and wondering what apps & filters people use to take their photos. I've tried plenty of them out but I'm pretty set on 6 that I love! I thought I'd share those with you and tell you why they are my favorite. What's your favorite photography app?

_________________________________________________________


1. PuddingCam
Cost - $0 
The above picture was taken with PuddingCam! This app has so many fun filters that you can take while shooting so no editing is needed. The above picture was taken using the 'vivid' filter and I love how it makes the colors pop! Isn't KS pretty?! PuddingCam also has a really pretty vignetting that I use a lot. I use this app a majority of the time when taking photos. 


2. Instagram
Cost - $0
I know we all have heard of Instagram, plus I know that a lot of people use other sources to edit their pictures before putting them on IG. However, I noticed they recently updated their features. If you click the little 'wrench' in IG you have a ton of editing options now! My favorite are brightness, contrast and sharpening. Have you tried the new features in IG?




3. InstaSize
Cost: $0
This app is great when you don't want everything in IG to be a square! It will resize a picture for you and send it straight to IG. It also has fun backgrounds, like this sparkly blue one. 
Is there another amazing app that resizes pictures?


4. A Beautiful Mess
Cost: $.99
This app is just fun! My favorite feature are the fun sayings and doodling you can do with it!




5. Pixlr
Cost: free
Another favorite of mine! You can edit, add a filter, crop and resize a picture all from your phone (there is an on-line version too). This is what I use for a majority of my blog pics. I like that it has a variety of fonts and 'frames' you can add as well. 







6. Waterlogue
Cost: $1.99 - $2.99
This app just made me swoon. It takes pictures and turns them into 'water color paintings'. I think it makes some gorgeous landscapes! I don't think this converts people well: my nephews looked scary in watercolor! If the majority of your pictures are people or kids I wouldn't recommend it. However, for scenery it's just super pretty and fun! 





Which app from my list is your favorite? 
What is your go to app to use for taking photos? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! How do you even make a decision? I do know this - I have an iphone 4 (which is so old and slow and ghetto) and no matter what app I use, the camera just isn't that great!!! Can't wait until the iphone 6 comes out!! I love posts like these, because I love taking pictures, but get way too overwhelmed with WHICH app to use when :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Instagram had those options!!!
    headed to check out a Beautiful Mess right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the iPhone 4S. I usually get people's old ones =) But I think it still works ok. I think the key is trying out different apps and what works for you. I don't use them all at the same time because that would take forever! When does the iphone 6 come out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't either until recently! They are great features.
    Let me know what you think of ABM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a lot of these too! I will be checking out Beautiful Mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Let me know what you think of ABM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VSCOcam is hands down my favorite. It has so many tools that are incredible. It's like a mini Photoshop - AND it's free. Definitely go download it. As far as sizing pictures, I just use PicFrame and put boxes where I want white space (if that makes sense). I love A Beautiful Mess, too, but I haven't been using it much as of late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to give VSCOcam a try again. For some reason I can't get the hang of that app! I don't know why either. I have PicFrame too but never use it but yes, that does make sense about putting boxes for the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SometimesphotojenikAugust 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM

    VSCOcam is definitely my favorite but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the options. I had my brother who's a photographer give me a little crash course and that helped a bit but I still stick with the main few edits. I'm about to download Pixlr to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't figure out VSCOcam. Maybe your brother needs write a blog post for you with some info =). Let me know what you think of Pixlr. It takes some getting used to but they also have on on-line version as well.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS