9.19.2018

Macaroni & Cheese

It's been forever since I blogged so I figured I would make a comeback with a mac n cheese recipe.  Question - how does one actually spell mac'n'cheese? I can never figure it out. Help me out all you grammar peeps.


Yes, I took this photo in my car. Don't judge. ;)

Anyways, I came up with this recipe and it is super easy and delicious and kids (and adults) love it.

Ingredients:
-1 package of noodles of choice
-1 can of evaporated milk
-1/2 bag of shredded cheddar cheese - let's just go with 1 cup
-1/2 pound of American Cheese cut up into cubes (I get this from the deli department and they cut me one slab of cheese and I dice it up at home)
-3 T. butter
-1/2 c. sour cream

Directions:
Cook the noodles and set them aside. Next, in a sauce pan put all other ingredients in over low heat and stir until everything is melted. Then add the noodles back in and stir.

I like to serve mine right away because the cheese is all ooey gooey and so tasty! Another delicious alternative is to add chopped up sausage into the mac and cheese. You could also put Hatch Green chiles in there, which I plan to do next time I make a big batch of this.

Got a favorite recipe you've been making lately? Please do share!
TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS