12.30.2013

Christmas Memories from 2013

This bouquet of flowers belonged to my SIL

Hello lovely readers! Does anyone else feel like Christmas comes and goes so quickly? Although the season felt so short I couldn't have been more blessed. 

The weekend before Christmas Dave and I headed to OKC. We spent some time with our cousins, shopped a bit, ate some good food and visited both the OKC Bombing Memorial and the botanical gardens. OKC got a big ice storm while we were there and although it was freezing it made it beautiful. We then picked up our family from the airport and headed to Wichita. 

The week was spent with family - cooking, playing games, laughing, knitting oh and I got sick. Like really really sick. I got some type of Christmas stomach bug and it knocked me out for a couple of days. 

It was my first Christmas being married. Spending my Christmas with Dave and a new family was just wonderful. It was also a first Christmas having two cute nephews around. 

This Christmas I was reminded that the holiday season isn't just the presents, family, planning for meals, eating, games, etc. Dave and I did a daily Christmas devotional this month and many of them talked about how Christmas is about Jesus, nothing more. My husband also preached the Sunday after Christmas and he said that Christmas isn't about family because your family might not always be there. I can't tell you how proud of Dave I was and how I was reminded of that truth. For my husband to proclaim that truth with his Mom being gone is a bold life statement that his faith is centered on Jesus. 

I've compiled some of my favorite Christmas pictures. I say some because how are you supposed to pick just a few favorites? Plus, you know, in 20 years I can look back on this blog and see it again =) 

I hope your Christmas was just as Merry!  

9 comments:

  1. what a fun Christmas!! :) LOVE your hair, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your christmas looks awesome!! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Jesus is the reason for the season!


    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I just got it colored a few weeks ago and am still loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very right about Jesus being the reason. So true and so easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Love you lots and glad I got to see you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS