1.01.2014

New Year's Celebrations


Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time celebrating. Whether you stayed up late, went out for some fun or went to bed at 9pm - however you celebrated, I hope you enjoyed bringing in 2014. 

After being gone over a week for the Christmas break Dave and I decided to stay home for NYE. We played games, watched movies, ate cookies, ate guacamole (not at the same time we ate cookies, ew!) cooked and of course took some fun pictures. I picked the above picture because I think Dave's smile looks like a million bucks in it and our cat was beyond agitated that he had to take a picture lots of pictures with us (which is funny to me). He couldn't even sit still so that is why he is blurry in it. Don't worry - he his happy now because I gave him treats. What better way to start the year for that big 18 lb. cat, eh?

Between NYE and NY day I tried 4 new recipes I found on Pinterest. I figured I need to start using all the wonderful things I pinned. I'm going to write a post soon and share the recipes I've tried that are simple and delicious. 

Dave and I also picked up some confetti poppers for NYE and Dave had to show his ID before he was allowed to purchase them. When we got home we read the label and it said you need 33ft. of space to shoot off all the confetti. We decided shooting that off in an apartment at midnight wasn't the best of ideas. So, today, Dave suggested walking to the woods near our house and having a confetti fight. Guys, it was so much fun! I never knew a confetti fight would be fun (or even existed). I think some of the best memories are the spontaneous and random ones. That 33ft. popper of confetti filled the trees with color and it was amazing! 


 confetti time!

How did you celebrate NYE? Did you go out? Stay home? Sleep? Hope it was great for you as you celebrated a new year that God has given to us. Blessings on you in 2014!!!

21 comments:

  1. looks like fun!! :) we stayed home & i fell asleep at 12:03 - ha! excited to follow along with you & your blog in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Happy 2014 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... you made it past midnight =) I guess staying home is the new trend? Maybe I'm getting older and wiser? Thanks for following along. It's been so nice to build community through my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chelsea! Happy 2014 to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are just so cute! We stayed home this year, too, and it was really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Good thing you didn't pop that in the apt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Amber! I think more people should stay home. It's low key and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, right? My husband kept debating about whether or not he should shoot it off. I had the whole scenario in my head of the cops coming ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie Michelle ReyesJanuary 1, 2014 at 10:56 PM

    Okay, stop it. Could you two be any cuter?!?! I think you chose the very best way to celebrate the new year- with the one you love :) That's the most important thing, always! Happy New Year, sweet girl!!


    xo


    www.katiedidwhat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not gonna lie, I stalk your blog. You guys are just so cute and it makes me so hopeful that one day I will find my soul mate too.
    Love your blog!
    www.jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think we are getting older & wiser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks, Katie! You are right, celebrating with people you love is one of the most important parts of holidays and every day =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think that is stalking. I'm honored that you would come read about our lives. I hope you find the perfect person for you too. I can't honestly say I did much in pursuing Dave but God put him in my life and worked out miracle after miracle. Start praying now about your future husband and God will do wonders!


    Thanks again for stopping by and for reading our story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are adorable!! happy new year!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! =) Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from Katie's blog and I thought I'd say hi! :) Looks like you guys had a wonderful NYE! So much fun! :) We went to a party with some of our friends and stayed until 11pm our time (midnight in NYC when the ball dropped on TV). We spent the last hour of 2013 together at our house and fell asleep just a little after midnight after the traditional NYE kiss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love Katie's blog. What is your blog address? I tried to find it but didn't see it.


    Your NYE sounds great - simple and surrounded by friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm at thisitalianfamily.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ah, that confetti is amazing. and so are those pictures. happy new year my dear! and thanks for linking up with Treat Yo Self Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Nicole! It was so much fun. Happy New Year to you too and as always - thanks for hosting the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Beka. I'm praying and waiting on God to do his thing.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS