1.24.2014

Photography Friday - Week 3 / Music


Happy Friday, Friends and welcome to week 3 of my photography challenge. Please feel free to give me some feedback on my pictures and please link up at the bottom of this page. This week's prompt was 'music'. My music pictures were taken at a coffee shop called Five80 Coffeehouse located in Enid, OK. Here is a little bit about their coffee house:

"Five80 is a coffee house that desires to be a place with AMAZING coffee, an inviting atmosphere, and entirely focused on telling and showing the love of Christ to ALL. There will be suggested prices only and a person is welcome to pay what he/she finds "fair". "

I asked the baristas how the coffee house was built and funded and told me that local churches helped build the coffee house. It is by far one of the prettiest coffee joints I have been to. They make some killer strong coffee by putting double espresso shots in their coffee. However, you can ask for just 1 shot.  

I think what I love most about the coffeehouse is that 90% of the profit gets donated to various organizations. They donate locally, they have donated to India and other various places. The coffeehouse has a board of members that picks the organization that will receive the donations. 

Five80 Coffehouse can be found on Facebook HERE

ISO 800     f/4.5      SS 1/ 250     Lens: 50MM 1.4

ISO 800     f/4.5      SS 1/ 250     Lens: 50MM 1.4


Next week's photography Friday will be 'something red'. To see all of the weekly challenges please click HERE

17 comments:

  1. Aahhh I forgot about this today! I am going to do it when I get home though beceause I love music!!!! these pictures are so cool! I am especially parcial to the first one! I love the brick and the little bit of mint green on the piano! I can't wait to go home and do a post now!!


    Ciao,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the first one too. You can get a 'bigger picture' of what is going on and the mint is pretty. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful shots! That green ceiling is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all of the colors!! you're a great photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! It looks like such a fun place to take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ashley! I was a bit fascinated with their ceiling too. I love that it has COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Robyn! I appreciate the support. Photography is a daunting thing to me at times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Chantel. It is a super fun place to take photos. I love your photos too and enjoyed your post on Katie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. I need to get out my camera and do the same thing. You put me to shame.
    www.jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kahleel. You should get out your camera. It's good practice. Just start shooting some stuff you love. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun place! I need to go. Great pictures! On the first one I might have either backed up or zoomed in. The crop to me looks kind of off on the left side. Love the second one! Pretty piano.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right - now that I look at that picture again I chopped the left side of the piano off =). You should definitely go. I'd go with you. I think it'd be fun to take pictures again after getting some good feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my dear! I love that coffee shop! you are doing great! that piano keys one is beautiful! and the light on the ceiling and the close up on the coffee beans are all my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Christie. It's been a good challenge so far and is helping me practice.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS