1.07.2014

Tried and True Pinterest Recipes

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing some of the recipes I have tried from Pinterest. Between NYE and 1/2/14 I cooked about 5 recipes using Pinterest and it was a lot of fun. I have had some big Pinterest FAILS (even when I did follow the recipe) and today I thought I'd show you some that worked great for me.  

The picture on the left is the one from Pinterest and the picture on the right are from me. Each recipe is bolded in yellow. If you click on the recipe title it will take you right to Pinterest so you can save it for yourself. 

 I never thought about pairing avocados with strawberries but it was surprisingly good. I omitted the onions and cheese but added some lemon sautéed chicken. I also used spinach and arugula for the greens. 

For this recipe I combined two versions. I liked the bacon but wanted the veggies. I also didn't like the 'over easy' style of egg so I whisked mine before I put them in the pan. Also, make sure you put some non-stick spray on your muffin tins. I spent entirely way too long scrubbing baked egg out of the muffin tins. Mine don't look near as pretty as the Pinterest versions but they were so good. For the Asparagus / Kale version click here. For the bacon wrapped version click here


I pretty much followed this recipe as written. It took some time due to boiling and then baking the potatoes but it was well worth it. I think what sold me on this recipe was the lemon. It tied all the flavors together.  

What about you? Do you try your Pinterest recipes? What are your favorites? Feel free to leave them in the comments. If you want to see some more of my Pinterest recipes you can click here. I'm also linking up today for Taste of Tuesday. So, if you want a whole bunch of new recipes to pick from just click on the little button below.


10 comments:

  1. All of these recipes look delicious! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding successful Pinterest recipes! I've had a few disasters too, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They were fun. Are you excited to cook now that you moved back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had some major fails too. So annoying but such is life =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did the Pinterest vs reality pictures. Funny how it doesn't always turn out like you think. I've had many Pinterest fails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara Czuba {not so doughie}January 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM

    Hi there! I'm visiting from Taste of Tuesday. That salad looks great & something easy to take to work. I love Pinterest and that is an understatement. I think us foodie bloggers are addicted to it. However, I do agree that I fail more often that not with some pinterest creations. Can't wait to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pineterest fails are funny ... a few days later =) However, I've found more good on there than flops so I think it's a win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting! I'm glad so many other people get sucked into the Pinterest abyss rather than just me =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh definitely! I think the good outweighs the bad for sure!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS