1.06.2014

Yearly Goals + Monthly Wishes

Sunset in Whidbey Island, WA

I'm so excited today to be linking up with Melyssa for the Monthly Wishes. I know most people have shared their goals for 2014 but I haven't yet and I want to. I don't know why but putting goals out for everyone to see helps me stay accountable. Plus, it's in writing and for some reason that seems more official?

Spiritual Life

  • Focus- To focus on Jesus this year and to to do justly, love mercy (loving-kindness) and walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8)
  • Prayer  - write out verses on prayer, organize a prayer list, and pray more intentionally for Dave
  • Keep Calm - 2014 looks like lots of changes are around the corner and I want to be calm and mentally ready. 
Relationships

  • Marriage - Be kind and gracious. 
  • Intentional - Send 3 text messages or FB messages to someone I normally don't send one too,  send 1 card a week to someone, send 1 package a month to someone. 
Personal

  • Blog - to blog from my heart and to build community
  • Photography - Learn Lightroom (it's editing software and it's ordered and on the way! wahoo!), continue to shoot in manual mode, complete a 20 week photography challenge
  • Clean House - Go through items, get rid of excess and begin collecting packing supplies
  • Cookies - Seriously! After coming home from Korea my cookie intake is ridiculous! I'm limiting myself to 1 batch of cookies a quarter. =)

Travel

  • Tree House – I have always wanted to stay in a tree house! 2014 has gotta be the year!
  • New Place – I really want to visit a new country this year but I just can’t guarantee that but I’m pretty sure I can visit a new place! The USA has tons sights to see too.

My goal for January is to start working on these goals. I know I can’t do them all right now but I want to get a start on them and I want to make them a habit.

Blog Info

I also wanted to take a minute and share more of what you can see this year from SS2SI. I want to take my personal goals for 2014 and incorporate them into my blog. I want SS2SI to be a place that encourages community and growth. I have three awesome and fun projects that I’ll be announcing this week but I don’t want to tell all now because this post is already long enough.

In January you can expect to see some more recipes, 2 blog posts on why and how to memorize Bible verses (or anything else you want to memorize), some recipes, how God helped me overcome lies, confessions of a scarf-a-holic, hopefully more missionary profiles and a lot of other fun things! I’m excited to share with you all and I’m excited to get to know more people this year.

I hope your year is full of growth no matter what comes in 2014! 


The Nectar Collective

25 comments:

  1. I think these are great goals for the new year. I totally believe that in order to accomplish our goals, we have to share them with people we trust to hold us accountable and help us along the way! I can't wait to see all of the great things you do in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a great month/year you have planned! love all of your goals & the how to! i'm so looking forward to the posts about memorizing verses (this has always been hard for me) and overcoming lies! :) you are such an encouragement & can't wait to see what all you have coming in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amber! I'm excited for 2014 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Robyn! I hope the memorization tips help because having God's Word in our heart is so important. I need more of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for all the fun things in store!! i love those moments when our focus shifts and we create a new and more refined vision for our blogs!! Also, I promise this is not self promotion, but I wanted to share with you a tool that has helped me greatly in praying daily for my husband! I just wanted to share it with you because it might be a blessing to you as well!! http://www.oakandoats.com/2013/04/prayers-for-my-husband.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I'm also learning photography now and I'm so excited! I know you're too! I might try the 20 week photography challenge... Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that's self promotion. I appreciate you sharing that with me and I think that is something I need to be doing more of. I've never thought about writing prayers out like that for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zia! You definitely should do a photography challenge. I'll be posting mine this week and of course you are welcome to join!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know how you like lightroom! I am looking for an editing program! good luck with all of these wonderful goals girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what wonderful goals this month! And I can't wait to see those changes :) cheers to growth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like your goal on being intentional with relationships. last year i tried to send out one letter a month to people.. but i want to do that again and more. haha i'm such a scarf-oholic too.. :P good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll definitely let you know how I like it! I think I'm going to take an on-line class to help me learn. I know there are hundreds of YouTube tutorials but something about structure helps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Nicole! I'm excited for growth too =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A letter a month is great! How did you do with that?


    I'll be giving away a scarf when I post my 'scarf-a-holic' post so come back and enter to win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I managed to send them all out. :) At the beginning of the year, I already wrote out who I was going to send it to.. and then modified a few along the way.. but already having them as a guideline was good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks! That is a really good idea to take a class so you can get the full use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these goals! Especially the ones about relationships. I know I often take my friendships for granted, so I'm totally going to use some of your ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so welcome! I hope these idea help both of our years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this list, and how specific and obtainable they are! Also...........http://glampinghub.com/rentalsearch/tree-houses & http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-coolest-tree-house-hotels :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be back to look for your post on how to memorize Bible verses. Memory work was always my weakness in Sunday School and Confirmation but I hear my parents recite Bible verses that they have memorized and it's something that I'd like to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun goals! You've made me curious about staying in a tree house now! Good luck with your goals, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's great that you want to memorize. I agree it can be a hard task. It will be a two post series. The first one on January 20th and the second on January 27th.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great goals for the year! I'm excited to find out more about your projects and oh my gosh, staying in a treehouse is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. good :) yeah! I had not really until a friend told me about these cards and I felt in love with the idea! it is an easy and daily reminder to pray!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS