3.14.2014

Photography Friday Week 10 - From a High Angle


Welcome to week 10 of Photography Friday. Photography Friday is a 20 week challenge to help improve our photography skills. There is a weekly prompt / theme for each week that you can be as creative with it as you'd like. This week's theme is a from a high angle and next week's theme is where you live. For further information please click here
_____________________________________________

From a High Angle

This week wasn't so bad capturing images from a high angle. I already posted about Dave and I's weekend trip to New Mexico and I purposefully took some pictures from a high angle so I could use them for my photography challenge. Here is what I came up with: 

A dessert plant (don't know the name) but it's pretty and prickly! I can attest to that because I brushed up on one.
ISO 400   f/9   SS 1/400

I've heard photographers complain about the 'sun spots' but I personally think it makes pictures look more magical. What are your thoughts on those? I don't feel like this picture is crisp and clear but I was warned in a pamphlet at the dunes that the sand is hard to capture. 
 ISO 100   f/9    SS1/800

The sand ripples - I think they are rather beautiful
 ISO 100   f/9  SS1/640

On another photography note I finally bought an on-line class so I can learn Light Room. I don't even know how to upload and save my pictures in there. ha ha! 
_____________________________________________

I hope you'll join in this week. I've enjoyed reading from those who have linked up. 

Sunshine to the Square Inch


9 comments:

  1. Keep it going! Half way there at week 10, looking for some great work. California Photographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sun spots! I purposefully try for them sometimes. The sand picture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sun spots, and I really like that picture. Yes it isn't perfectly clear. But you get the feeling of all the heat coming off the sand, I love when pictures can give you a sense of what it would feel like to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I am not the only one who loves sunspots! =) I love sand pictures too. I think they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about that picture. It gives you a big perspective of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like sun spots depend on the photo subject. Large open landscapes like yours, it usually adds because there is a lot more empty space, but I think when there's more going on it distracts. But it's one of those things that's kind of personal preference anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought about it from that perspective. I can see how it would be distracting if there were lots of other things going on in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woahhh these photos are all awesome! That plant does look prickly, and those sand ripples are so neat.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS