4.11.2014

Photography Friday Week 14 - Charleston Ghost Tour in Black & White


Welcome to week 14 of Photography Friday. Photography Friday is a 20 week challenge to help improve our photography skills. There is a weekly prompt / theme for each week that you can be as creative with it as you'd like. This week's theme is black and white and next week's theme is a self-portrait (eeek! That makes me nervous). For further information please click here.  
_____________________________________________

Black & White

I couldn't figure out how to properly capture black and white. What should I photograph? Where? Well, last weekend I went on a weekend trip with my Mom, granny, aunt and uncle to Charleston, SC. I know, I know I've been traveling a lot. However, I know that time with family is a gift and I'm going to take advantage of it while God gives it to me. Anyways, My aunt found a carriage ride tour in Charleston that was a ghost tour at night. We booked our tour through Palmetto Carriage and I highly recommend them. I knew a 'ghost' tour would be the perfect opportunity for black and white pictures. 





Have you ever been on a carriage ride? Any good tips for black and white photography?

_____________________________________________

If you have a photography post ready please put it in the comment section and I'll stop by and see your lovely photos.

Sunshine to the Square Inch


7 comments:

  1. i live in SC!!! - on the other end of the state from Charleston, but still!! i LOVE Charleston and these pictures are just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like sometime you mentioned you lived in SC. I actually thought about e-mailing you to see if you lived closed but I didn't because my time was short there and I wanted to spend as much time with my family. However, if I come back that way (which we might this summer) I'll e-mail you! How fun would that be.


    Charleston was FABULOUS! In my hometown of Wichita we have an area of town that resembles Charleston. It's my FAVORITE area of town and if we move back there I'm convinced I need to live in that area. Charleston was just beautiful - the houses, the colors, the people, and the food. A friend told me she gained 20 lb. living in Charleston and I can see why. I ordered sweet tea once and WOWZER, sugary! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh cool!! :) yeah short trips go by way too fast so i totally get that! if you do come back this summer, definitely email me!! :)


    it really is such a beautiful city!! hahaha yeah i would gain so much weight if i lived there! the sweet tea around here is SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I've been on that tour! Except during the day....that carriage is super familiar. I visited Charleston when I was 10 or 11. It was sooo beautiful. Love your pics...I really need to get back on top of my photography for these link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I really did love Charleston. The houses are so old and charming! You should take some pics! This next week is self-portrait so you could do some baby bump shots =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great! I think the hardest part is editing a black and white photo properly. Tyler can do it really well, but I have the hardest time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't even tried editing yet. I set my camera on the black and white photo mode. I'm taking a class to learn Lightroom so once I finally finish hopefully I'll know a trick or two.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS