6.06.2014

Some Random Facts about Yours Truly

Hi! Hi! So, sometimes I think I write but don't share a lot about myself. It's an easy thing to. Maybe I do share a lot about myself and just don't realize? I don't know, but I do know that I have 5 facts about me to share with you today. Here we go...

1. I have dual citizenship.
I'm one of the rare people that gets to have dual citizenship. My parents are both American but I was born in Brazil when they were missionaries. Therefore I am American by blood and Brazilian by birth. I actually am really glad I have a Brazilian citizenship because it makes me feel like I can still somehow hold onto my Brazilian childhood. Speaking of Brazil did you know they actually spell their country like this - Brasil? When I moved back to America I was so annoyed at everyone putting a 'z' in there instead of an 's'. 

2. Hair
I used to faithfully color my hair just about every 3 months. I'd do all sorts of different things but my main two colors were red and blonde. When I moved to Korea I dyed my hair back to a brown and let it be 'free'. I let it air dry more and started fixing it less. My kindys even called me 'Teacher Beka Lion Hair.' Now, that I've been back for a year I still don't color it as much, fix it or trim it. I'm thinking about doing something drastic (red, blonde & bangs) soon but we shall see. 


3. I love Bible doctrine.
I wasn't sure how to word that one but I really do love Bible doctrine. I think our lives and opinions need to be based on Biblical truths / doctrine. I also like to use Blue Letter Bible to study the Greek / Hebrew meaning of words. Sometimes people will tell me some Biblical idea and a little red flag will go off inside me and I just go crazy until I can study it out and know exactly what the Bible says. My Dad is super good with doctrine too so I might of inherited that trait from him. I've even tossed the idea around of going over some foundational doctrine on my blog. I think knowing our Bible is something my generation is missing. 


4. I've been doing crossfit
You probably already know this one but I'm writing it again because I'm participating in my first crossfit competition THIS WEEKEND! I'm all kinds of nervous and excited. The competition is at a gym in Wichita where I first started crossfit in 2011. I never even imagine doing crossfit in Woodward let alone compete! I will tell you that God opened the door for me to attend a gym here and it has been what I needed this year. It helps me stay accountable with my fitness and it has allowed me to meet some wonderful friends that are a big blessing in my life. 



5. Adventures of Dave and Beka
Did you know I met Dave when I was 9? When I came back to the US I attended a Christian school and that is where we met. It was love ridiculousness at first sight. Him and his friends said I looked like a dog (all behind my back of course) and I thought he was such an annoying kid playing pranks on everyone. I did look pretty tom boyish coming back from Brazil but that's what happens when you climb trees and play outside. And now here we are - married!


Now it's your turn to share!
I want to know a random fact about you. 
Do you like these kind of random facts / updates?

24 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Love learning more about you! Hope your first crossfit competition goes well!!! I have never colored my hair (even though I need too)!!!! Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! i had no idea you two met where you were 9! how crazy! :) love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think the Bible and God are a huge missing piece in most of peoples lives! Good luck this weekend! I am sure you will do great, remember to have fun!!:) A random fact about me? hmm I never officially moved out of my parents house until I was 24! I saved a lot of money by doing that though:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I like #1. It's weird how English changes native place names like that. And when I came back from Korea, I was annoyed by how many people made puns with Seoul/soul (in Korean, there are two vowels in Seoul so it's actually two syllables and neither is quite like the 'o' in soul."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random fact about me: The elementary school, middle school, high school, and college I attended all had the same name, though the college is not affiliated with the other three.

    Please write some posts about doctrine. I find it interesting to read other people's points of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is neat when people don't color their hair. I feel like once you start coloring it is really hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9 it was! Crazy, right? We didn't like each other until after college =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fun that you lived with your parents that long and awesome that you got to save so much $! That's a blessing. Thanks for the reminder to have fun. Right now I'm more nervous than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand the Seoul thing! It's sah-ool, or at least that is how I remember them pronouncing it. I got tripped up on their pronunciation even though they were correct. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is super random that the schools had the same name but weren't affiliated. Were they in the same city?


    I will share some things about doctrine. However, it won't be my 'view point' but rather what the Bible says. I'll be sharing some things about 'strong women' next week and there is some doctrine in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, you taught in Korea too! I've stumbled across so many bloggers who teach/taught there that I get confused. Yeah, whenever I said it like "soul" my students didn't understand, but I couldn't quite pronounce it like them! But now I can feel all smug whenever I see "Seoul of Korea" puns :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always have to remind myself to have fun when I'm testing for tae Kwon do. Because honestly that's why I started it because it was a fun activity so I better enjoy it!! Right? I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!!!
    & you are so right. People, especially the next generation just doesnt know bible doctrine .... what a world it would be if they did....

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little jealous of your dual citizenship! Lol. Always thought that would be so awesome. And I agree completely about the bible! Never heard of the version you mentioned...going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck at the crossfit competition, that is awesome! Random facts are fun...let's see...when we remodeled our bathroom, I tiled the entire thing by myself. Also, I like to try unique foods. I once ate raw octopus and it was disgusting. Do these count as random facts?


    I laughed that Dave thought you looked like a dog. Ha! Kids say funny things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get what you are saying now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree! I think it's so important!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I didn't have much to do with that dual citizenship. I just have my parents to thank for it. Did you check out Blue Letter? If so, what did you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tiled your whole bathroom? I think that is pretty legit! I always thought that looked hard. UM ... the live octopus??? That's gross (no offense). They had those in Korea but they were baby octopi and people said they would sick to your mouth trying to fight it...eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love reading these kinds of posts..always fun to get to know your favorite bloggers more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know you guys met when you were 9! That's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Apparently Dave didn't think it/I was cute then ;) our love story is so one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did the competition go? Did you incorporate some preparation techniques I wrote about on my most recent post? I'm not exactly sure how crossfit competition training overlaps with recital prep. However, I figured that there must be some bit of connection between one's mentality also affects performance [especially in physical activities]. Hope it all went well for you!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS