6.16.2014

Whidbey Island Sunset


Hi from Whidbey Island, friends. I'm up here for a few days for a sibling reunion, to see my nephews and to celebrate Elliot's 2nd birthday. If you ever visit Seattle you really need to take the 2 hour trip north to Whidbey, Island. Commuting here is easy as there is a shuttle directly from the Seattle airport to the island. 

It's interesting how time has changed me. I've been visiting this area for quiet some time now and I used to love the hustle and bustle city life that Seattle offers. Don't get me wrong, I love Seattle and all it offers but I really am starting to love small town life more and Whidbey is just that. The pace of life is slower, the yards are bigger and it's peaceful. It's also coffee central up here which is just a plus. 

Friday evening I went out to the beach to catch some sunset pictures in the golden hour. I <3 the ocean! I like hearing the waves, smelling the salt and just sitting there watching. I also thought it was really interesting how different the sky looked at different points away from the sun and into the sun. I hope you enjoy these pictures and if you ever travel up here shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you some good info on the island. 



9 comments:

  1. I am the same, while I enjoy the big city a smaller town is more welcome to me. And with gorgeous beach views I would want to spend my time on Whidbey Island as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures Beka!!!! absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous!!! i want to go to Washington someday so i will definitely keep this in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the northwest sooo much! Your pictures are fantastic and make me homesick. I've never been to Whidbey Island, but I've been to a couple of the San Juan Islands. It's such a beautiful area. Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures, Beka! I love it there too!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pictures! You are so talented!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Ah I need to travel! There are so many beautiful places to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I love being by water, this looks like a great trip and the beach is so pretty. I'm having a sibling reunion in July, I can't wait!:)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS