7.28.2014

Life Lately #20

Hello! It's Monday and my birthday week is over but my birthday month isn't. I have 4 days left =) I have some fun things (and 1 serious thing) to share with you today so let's get started. 

Plantains - Have you ever had them? They are good and super cheap! Lately I've cooked them in coconut oil, sprinkled some cinnamon on them and dipped them in vanilla yogurt. Of course I added a bunch of blueberries to the mix too. Next time you are grocery shopping I highly recommend grabbing a plantain or two - so good! 
                         

Good to Go - That's the name of a new coffee shop in town. and guess what?! I am now working there! I'm beyond excited. One of my dreams was to work (and maybe someday own) a coffee shop so this is just a big blessing from God. It also is allowing me to meet a lot of people in my community, which is wonderful. Making lattes and interacting with people - I'm doing a happy dance! God is so good. 


local honey - I've been wondering about local honey but never thought I'd find it in Woodward. I was wrong! The farmers market had local honey and I snatched up a big jar. I'm hoping and praying it will hep with my allergies.


my birthday - you guys! I had so much fun and was so blessed! I could go on and on but I'm going to give you a short recap through these pictures.
-A DQ ice cream cake with 29 candles on it! Yes!
-Dave made me this awesome b-day sign as well as hid birthday sticky notes all over our apartment.
-Cook out with Dave along with a zillion large flies that were annoying
-S'mores - because it's a must with a cookout


Jamberry! Have you heard of Jamberry Nails? They are wraps that you put on your fingers. They are toxic free, stay on your nails for two weeks and cause no damage to your nails. I love them and am actually hosting a Facebook Jamberry Party! If you want info on it just leave me a comment. This is a picture of the wraps I have on my nails now.


Israel - I don't post much about politics but last week when I was visiting my home town their was a large group of people protesting Israel. I was angry you guys and rolled my window down and started screaming "ISRAEL! ISRAEL!' because you know, that's helpful? My husband quickly drove away after I did that. ha!

In all honesty, it scared me. Those are things we see on TV that happen in the Middle East and here it was in my hometown. However, later in the week I was reading in John 4 about Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. Just in that story you can tell the division there was back then between Israel and the surrounding areas but it dawned on me that Jesus is the one to fix that gap. He did it for the Samaritan woman and that's what He desires to do today. That's why he came and died - to seek and to save the lost. 

I proudly stand with Israel because Jesus does and He promised a blessing for those who stand with them (Genesis 12:3-4). Psalm 122:6 says "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" and so I encourage you to do that. Pray for peace from war, but more importantly pray that Jesus, peace himself, will reach and save the hearts of many - no matter what country they are from. 


I want to hear how your life is lately? 
Have you tried any new fun foods? 
Does anyone else eat local honey? 

Have a wonderful week, friends! 

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good birthday! Ice cream cake is my favorite kind. Angel eats local honey--I don't think it's a magic cure, though, he's been using it regularly (drinks it in tea every day) for months and months...probably a year, and he was still struggling with allergies this summer. :( Maybe it works better for some than for others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started taking local honey to help with allergies. I'm hoping it works for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new job! i always wanted to work at a coffee shop! it'll be such a great job & such a great opportunity for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank, Robyn! When I open mine someday you will just have to work at it ;)


    Oh and I saw bunny rabbits last night at the park and totally thought of you. I tried to get pics but they are just so darn fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know how it goes! I hope it does wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man! That's a bummer to hear it didn't work for him. I wonder why it works for some but not for others? If it works great, but if not at least I get to eat some good honey, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo! Excited about your new job!!! We don't eat honey anymore, but have a full container of local honey in our pantry - yum yum! Love you jamberry nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lady that I used to work with was a beekeeper, and she always gives me local honey from her backyard around Thanksgiving time. It is so yummy! It looks like you had a great birthday. I had never had a DQ ice cream cake until I met my husband, but now I am in love with them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited too. Have you ever tried Jamberry nails?

    I'm curious as to why you don't eat honey anymore? It's so good and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome that you get local honey for free! I think being a beekeeper would be a lot of work.


    That is fun that your husband introduced you to the DQ ice cream cakes. I think a blueberry ice cream cake would be super good! I should try and make one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Pray for peace from war, but more importantly pray that Jesus, peace himself, will reach and save the hearts of many - no matter what country they are from."


    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally want to hear about Jamberry Nails! I seen a couple people where them but I don't know anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well! I will tell you all about them! Actually I'm going to just shoot you an e-mail because it will be a bunch of fun information =).

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these updates Beka. So funny about what Dave did for your birthday. TOM did the exact same thing. I was SHOCKED and bawling like a child since this was the first time he had ever done anything like this. It was sooo cool. 25 notes for 25 years on reasons why he loved me. A big birthday sign and balloons. I cried SO hard. On Israel. You sound just like me. I would have done the same thing and Tom would have been like "elicia why did you do that?!?" and lastly. Those Jamberry nails though. Let's talk about how pretty and EASY they are!!!!!! love love love. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so nice of Tom! I glad he did that for you. It's fun being married and having birthdays.


    I'm glad I'm not the only on the Israel thing. Sometimes I liked that when in Korea I was away from major news and drama. I have a hard time hearing people talk terrible about God's chosen people. It's so sad.


    yes to the nails! They are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE plantains - but I prefer mine with some cayenne pepper and dipped in guac. Yum! Best Whole30 snack ever! And I've been meaning to try Jamberry nails so you should definitely send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought about eating them with cayenne pepper and guac! I'm going to give that a try because I make guac at leas 2x a month. =).


    I just sent you an e-mail all about the Jamberry nails!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That jar of honey looks amazing! And plantains--love them! My husband is Puerto Rican and they are one of his favorites (I actually just shared a video this month about how to make "tostones"--totally not healthy but SO delicious)! I love the idea you shared--I totally have a sweet tooth so I might try that sometime.
    And happy birthday! July is the best month to have a birthday, in my opinion. ;) Glad it was a fun celebration for you.
    {visiting from Oak and Oats linkup!}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have wondered this, too. My husband has grass and dust allergies, but I'm wondering if the local honey is best for people whose allergies are mostly to pollen? We haven't really tried the local honey thing for his allergies, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've eaten salty plantains at restaurants but haven't tried that at home yet! I should because they are good!


    You are right that prayer is best. I forget that though, especially when I see hate signs directed towards Israel.


    That is too bad you bought pure sugar instead of honey. It's kind of funny though =

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Naomi! I'm so glad you stopped by! I'll have to check out your video because I LOVE tostones. I eat them at restaurants but have never made them at home. Thanks for the b-day wishes! I had a great month.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS