9.12.2014

Life Lately #22

A Kansas sunrise

Hi Friends! 

This is one of those posts where I feel like there is so much to share and I really do wish I could sit down with each person and talk and share about life but since I can't a post will have to do. So grab a cup of coffee and join me! 

Last weekend Dave and I went to Wichita. Dave spoke at church and he shared his life story. I knew something important was going on during his sermon prep because he would ask for me to get the journals that we wrote to each other when we dated long distance. I snooped and figured out that he was sharing his life story so I invited all our family and friends to come here him speak. I couldn't of been more proud of Dave. 

He shared about his childhood, about how God brought him and I together, about the loss of his Mom and how God has guided us to missions. I think what stands out to me the most is that through the hardest times of Dave's life he has chosen to praise the Lord through it. It doesn't mean he didn't question and hurt, but through it all he allowed God to shape and mold him. Oh and he wore a suit and we matched. I always make try and make us match when he speaks. =) I think it's fun! 

This past weekend was also our last weekend to travel home before we move. We will be home again to visit but it sure was weird to get up this past Monday knowing that it was our last time to drive down to Woodward. 

I have such mixed emotions about leaving Woodward. I know it is time to go but I'm sure going to miss this town. I think I'm the most sad about leaving my good friend Kinzie and cute little Isaac (and soon Liam). However, I'm so thankful for our time here. God has given me rest, a lot of free time, some really great friends, and a wonderful start of married life with Dave here.


Since we are moving I've been cooking more foods. I know I won't be cooking as much so I'm trying to get it all in before I move. It seems that a new thing I've been doing is finding the farmers market whenever we travel. This okra was from Tahlequah, OK and I cooked it with some potatoes, onions, and lots of bacon. What have you been cooking lately? 


I gave my cat away. Sometimes I feel weird blogging about pets but to be honest I've had my cat for 7 years and I really love him. He is a one-of-a-kind cat and I knew finding a home for him would be hard. I prayed and asked God to help us and God came through! I'll admit I worried because I didn't want him to have to go to the pound. Long story short a lady ahd been praying for a cat for a year and when she saw Milo she new she wanted him. It was the perfect fit and Milo really liked her. I'm thankful God was so kind and cared even about my pets. Here is Dave's last picture with Milo. ha ha! 


Dave and I have 1 week left here in Woodward. We will be seeing friends, packing and spending some down time before we move. I'm ready to travel and then move to Burma! I don't like all the transision parts but I know that is part of the process.  

For some reason I feel like Burma and missions is where I belong. It's almost like I'll be moving to where I belong (for now). I have no idea why I feel that way but I'm glad I do. Until that time comes though I'll be soaking up sweet time with friends, family and nephews, nephews, nephews! I've been more sad about saying bye to family this go around but I know everything will work out just fine.

So that's my life in a nutshell right now - tell me about yours! What are you enjoying right now? Is it getting cool where you are at? 
Dearest Love

20 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting! And I can only imagine the push pull of leaving good friends for new adventures! Enjoy your last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your week! :) love that picture of Dave and the cat - oh and also his shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cold this morning--high 40s (but that's nothing compared to winter). I'm here in my big comfy sweatshirt enjoying a hot cup of coffee and reading blogs!
    Praying for you as you go through your "lasts for now" and prepping for the big move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your move is only a week away! It seems like it just came up quick, although I'm sure you don't feel that way!

    It's been unseasonably cold by us in Northern MN. 30's in the AM, highs of 50's. A low of 28 tonight! I'm not quite ready for that, but I've been enjoying putting out my Fall decorations and breaking out the Fall-flavored coffee. My new addiction :) Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's coming so soon!!!! So awesome he got to speak and share his story! I Wish I could have listened!!!! Lots of changes coming your way - so excited for you, please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great that your husband got to speak! Your move is so close and that's incredible!!!! :-) I can't wait to follow along and see what comes of this move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 things:
    1) Matching outfits are fun!
    2) I have never successfully cooked okra. It always gets slimy. :(
    3) I am so excited to read about your missionary work in Burma. I'm really happy that you feel like you are doing what you are destined to do. Good luck with your final week in Woodard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it is a week away either! Sometimes it feels like it took so long to get here but then at the same time it flew by!


    That is super cold!!! 30's??? I'd be bundled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is soon! & crazy how it got here so fast.


    I am glad he got to share his story. I got an audio recording of it so if you really want it I can dropbox it.


    I'll do my very best to keep everyone updated. I'm trying to figure out how blogging and Asia are going to go together. Internet isn't consistent there (like my friend had to wait overnight for a document to download). I do know Internet is great in Thailand so I might be publishing 5 posts at once =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great he got to speak and it was a big blessing to hear his story! Our move is so close (aaaah!) and thanks for following along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The saying goodbye part is by far the worst. But I know what you mean about feeling like you belong in a place that ought to seem foreign. I'll be remembering to pray for you guys as you get ready and go! This is such an exciting time for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet his sermon was amazing!:) I love gearing people's life stories and how they got to point they are at now. It always amazes me how God works in peoples lives! I am so glad that you feel so at peace about going to Burma and that it is where you are supposed to be! Oh my gosh I would ball like a little baby being torn from it's mother if I had to say good bye to my nieces and nephews for a year!!! That might be a bit if an exaggeration but it would be really hard!! I cannot wait to read about all of your adventures!!! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Thanks! I think they are super fun too. I always tell Dave if we have kids I hope we have a girls o I can match all the time! ha!
    2. I'm not sure what to say about the okra. Texture doesn't bother me too much. Maybe mine isn't as slimy because it sort of fries and crisps in the bacon grease. You could put some bread crumbs in it to soak up the moisture.
    3. I'm so glad you are excited to hear about the work in Burma! I'm really thankful that people are excited for us and I'm looking forward to sharing about life over there.
    4. Come visit us in Asia. I'd buy a head cover for you and you could still be anonymous ;)
    5. I miss reading your blog posts! You are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is the worst. I never knew it would be 10x harder with nephews. BUT I know I will get through it and will be better for it.


    Thanks for praying for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. His sermon was really good! I'm always amazed how God works things out too. Dave and I NEVER liked each other until we are older. Dave said we'd never marry each other and here we are ... married! ha!


    Don't worry - the crying thing is real but I think it's good. Sometimes I'll be at home or driving and then it hits me and I cry, get it out and then I'm ok. Sometimes if I cry a few weeks before I don't cry so much later. That's weird but it helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's do cool to hear how The Lord comes through even with seemingly "little" things like our pets! Also your dish up there looks totally delicious! Colorado had it's first snow yesterday but hopefully that'll be the end of it for a little while (back up to 80 today!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that's so exciting about Dave sharing his story! Go Dave! I'm sure it took a lot of bravery to stand up in front of so many people and share his testimony. Y'all are so cute matching!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree! I visited my cat this weekend and I'm not kidding when I say he likes his new owner more than me! I guess it was meant to be.


    You already had your first snow??? Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Jenna! I do think Dave was a bit nervous since I invited so many people but he did great. He preaches from time to time at our church so he has had plenty of practice but preaching and sharing your life story are a bit different.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS