9.13.2017

Celebrating 32 Years

Yes, I do realize my birthday was in July .... but I haven't posted about it and wanted to.

Each year I seem to have three birthday celebrations: one with Dave's family (there are 3 birthdays in July so we all celebrate together), one with my family and one with my girlfriends.

Last year I asked a friend to come and take some pictures of us before we all went to dinner and this year I wanted to take some pictures again. However, I thought it would be fun to make flower crowns this year. I have no idea where this idea came from either but it was in my head so I made it happen.

If you are in the Wichita area Chisholm Creek Flower Farm has some amazing flowers! I drove up there and purchased a bucket of flowers which was way more than I needed, which just meant I had extra to give away and to put in a vase. To make the crowns I followed the tutorial in the Cut Flower Garden book. If you don't have that book you should buy it like yesterday. It's so good!

My friend Melissa took these photos and she did a lovely job! I highly recommend her for pictures if you are in the Wichita area. You can check out her website, Melissa Dinsmore Photography, to see more of her work.

It should also be noted that rompers and dresses aren't ideal for jumping pictures. However, they are the most hilarious ones! Sadly though, I can't post them on the world wide web because they are too revealing. =)


These pictures were taken with my camera but I did indeed make Speedy wear a flower crown too. She was definitely my favorite birthday gift this year. 

How do you celebrate your birthday? And have you ever made flower crowns?! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a fun birthday and got to get pictures with your friends! I would wear a flower crown, but I imagine that probably none of my friends would. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the flower crowns!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS