2.14.2018

Things I'm Loving


Happy Valentine's Day, friends! You'll be reading this most likely on the 15th but I am writing this on actual Valentine's Day, its' just 8:35pm. 

Today I took Jonathan and Speedy for a super long walk and I was thinking about all the things I am lvoing right now and thought I'd turn it into a blog post: 

Things I'm Loving: 

I love that Verita Coffee opened up a shop right here in my neighborhood. It's located in Clifton Square and it's small and cozy and everything old charm about our neighborhood. Go check them out. 

I love that this morning when I was getting coffee at Verita someone payed it forward. I was having a rough morning and it made my day. A small act of kindness goes a long way. So to the stranger that did that, thank you!

I love this stir fry recipe from Pinch of Yum (originally recommended to me by Amanda). I've tweaked it to make it my own (because beef > tofu any day) and I have made it more times than I can count. It's just so good!

I love that Wichita is having two days of warm weather today and tomorrow. It's been a huge blessing in the midst of a cold winter.

I love that my nephew, Zachary, turned 5 today. He he has had a ruptured appendix and three surgeries in this past year so I'm extra thankful that God preserved him and that he is having good health now.

I love half marathon training and crossfit. A lot of days I pull doubles, meaning I run and then do crossfit or vice versa. It's been really nice to up my physical fitness this winter. I think it help combats the winter blues.

I love that my tulips and daffodils are popping through the dirt. It reminds me that winter won't be here forever.

I love that we spring forward an hour in 24 days and I love that Spring is in 34 days.

I love that Dave and I didn't have expectations for Valentine's Day this year. It was nice. We plan to go to sushi on Friday to celebrate and I'm looking forward to that.

I'm still loving Speedy. She is a really good little friend. She finishes up level 2 of obedience school this month and I'm hoping to get her into agility. I've decided she is my main hobby right now, and a fun one. Side note, we don't allow her to lick but she got away with it in this picture.

What are you loving lately, friend? How was your Valentine's Day? What's the weather like where you are, I'm curious. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm training for my half too, and I just recently realized it's in TWO months and I haven't run longer than 6 miles. I need to get on my long runs soon! Hopefully the weather starts being really nice and I can get outside on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important to know things that you love in this life. It's very hard to understand what can bring you positive emotions and make your mood better. For me my essay writing is the hobby that makes me feel better and I feel pleased after doing this. I hope that everybody will find such activity in life.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS