2.25.2014

Busan Tower - Korea



It's still the month of Valentine's Day and today I'm gonna share one of the cheesiest things I ever suckered my husband into doing. =)

During my year abroad in Korea, Dave came to visit. There was a group of us that went to Taiwan (worst vacation I've ever had...) and then Dave and I only had 1-2 days in Korea because there was a typhoon in Taiwan that delayed us. I had so much I wanted for Dave to see but not enough time in the world to do it. Before I took him to the airport we thought we would make a quick stop at the Busan tower. If you are in Korea I highly recommend visiting. 

// via //

The sights at the top of the tower were beautiful. I loved seeing the 360 view of the city. Busan Tower not only offers breathtaking views of but they also offer various cultural things at the bottom of the tower as well. Next door hey had a museum of musical instruments and they even let you play a lot of them. 

Busan Tower

But what really got me excited to the zillionth level was these little tile hearts they had. You could purchase a heart tile, write a message on it and then glue it to the wall at the top of the tower. I was all about this! Dave, although it was cheesy, joined in. How could we not though? I mean, our little love tile will be there forever. 

 
Somewhere in our dating relationship Dave told me the saying "Love always believes the best is yet to come". We now say "With Jesus our best is yet to come". It's a saying that has stayed in our marriage and I really believe it's true. It's also a good reminder for reasons I could go on and on about.


This picture pretty much sums up each of our feelings for the love tile. 

What's the cheesiest love thing you have ever done? Would you do something like this? 

Linking up today with Bonnie RoseMelanie and Tina for Travel Tuesday.

18 comments:

  1. Oh the love tiles are SO sweet! I love what you chose to put on it! And what a view!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved looking around your blog! I also have a heart for missions work. I look forward to watching your upcoming journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love doing cheesy stuff like this too! :) that is so neat!!!
    one day you both should go back & find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so fun to go back and find it! Hopefully they leave them up forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally do something like this! I love it. Jordan would hate it but do it grudgingly. The things our boys do for us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I don't know what kind of cheesy love things we've done....which probably means none. My hubby isn't all that romantic (which is fine). But I LOVED this. What a fun thing. If I ever make it to Paris, I'm finding that bridge with the locks and throwing away the keys. Then that will be my cheesy thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know many men who consider this 'romantic' (except for the Asian men). I just googled it and they have places in America with the locks.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_locations_with_love_locks#United_States

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^ There are places in the States where you can do this. Our men are nice. About 3 days prior to the love tiles I coerced Dave into buying padlocks and locking them at the Seoul Tower. Looking back I kind of can't believe I made him do all that. oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, this is SO cool! We went to Korea for a couple weeks a few years ago and always saw Busan Tower from a distance but never actually went up. I'll just have to plan another trip to Korea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you go back you definitely should visit. Where all did you visit in Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We kind of did a whirlwind and visited Seoul, Gwangju, Jeju-do, and a few places in between. Korea is such a beautiful country and I'm glad I was able to see so many different parts of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a big whirlwind trip but I'm sure it was awesome. I never made it to Jeju-Do but I did visit those other places. They were pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww.. what a lovely story :)) It's not cheesy at all (at least for me) I love it!! Wish you a forever lasting love story <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks =) I think all women love this stuff and it is cheesy for most men =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LifeOutside of TexasMarch 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM

    I've really been wanting to do this for a while and still haven't gotten around to it. My boyfriend and I met in Korea so it's definitely a must do before we leave Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definitely should! I don't know where in Korea you live but Seoul Tower is pretty spectacular too. They also have 'love lock trees'. Dave did that one with me too =)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS