2.24.2014

Edible Cookie Dough, Fitted Sheets and some more randomness

Happy Monday Friends!  I have some of the most random things to share and I don't know exactly why I feel like sharing them but I'm going to.



My New Year's resolution to cut back on cookies by only baking them once per quarter was before my discovery of edible cookie dough. Have you heard of edible cookie dough? I saw it on the TV show Shark Tank and had to get some. The pint I bought has 1 bite left - one. 

February is the month of birthdays. My nephew turned one and my Dad and sister had a birthday too. It was so much fun celebrating all three of them. 

I've managed to keep a plant alive for almost a year, which is a huge deal. If I had a 'gardner's thumb' it would be black or possibly non-existent. The plant almost died but, thanks to my husband (who has a green thumb), helped me save it. It actually grew so big it is now two plants. It's about to bloom and I'm so excited. 

Isn't that little welcome home sign so nice and thoughtful? Dave and I traveled separately over Valentine's Day and when I got home he had that waiting for me. I'm saving it forever. 
Today is the first day of my 1/2 marathon training. I ran 4 miles and then went and got slaughtered at crossfit. I'm definitely a social runner and am a bit bummed all my close running friends don't live here. However the link-up, Runners Tell All, has been a huge encouragement to me with my running. I'm also thankful I have friends who I can e-mail and check in with my running progress. 

Have you tried out the app Waterlogue? I love it and I've had to refrain from posting a zillion pictures on Instagram that I've turned into water pictures.  

The fitted sheets - well I don't have a picture but the other night I was in bed and Dave tried to get under the covers. He accused me of hogging all of the sheets and just couldn't get in the bed. Well, I looked over and somehow he had gotten the fitted sheet and was trying to wedge himself between the mattress and the fitted sheet. It struck me as ridiculously funny and I couldn't quit laughing. Married life is entertaining. 

If you look to the left you'll see a button for Shea Paper Co. You really should check out Crystal's beautiful cards. Right now she is offering some discounts for her Facebook fans. To see her FB page please click here 

How was your Monday? What's a fun random thing from your life that has happened lately? Are you training for a race? How is that going?

13 comments:

  1. Just watched that shark tank last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that fitted sheet story is hysterical. In a similar vein: I live with three other girls and we're a crazy bunch. Two of us live upstairs and she and I always get into deep, late night talks just outside our bedroom doors. For some reason, we were talking about mattresses and she mentioned that hers was a pillow-top. I had never heard of it (just thought she had some kind of insert) and when she pulled up her fitted sheet, I scrambled right inside it as a joke! The cat ended up joining me and she snapped the sheet back on! It was too funny (also it was one in the morning...contributing factors...) and your story made me think of it. Thanks for sharing the random things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not training for a race, but I found the runner's tell all very encouraging....at this point I'm just trying to run as long as possible through my pregnancy...so far, so good.

    And my Monday was great because I didn't have to wear a uniform or be in my office. :) hope yours was good too.

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only watched it once and of course it was the time they had edible cookie dough. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a funny story too! I think sometimes the random things in life are the most memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running at all during pregnancy is pretty impressive. I had a friend who ran for a long time when she was pregnant. She finally had to quit but was sad about it.


    I saw your pictures on Instagram and it did look fun! Glad you had a day out of the office. My Monday consisted of cleaning a zillion things because I didn't care to clean last week, running and crossfit. It was a good day =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edible cookie dough, yum! I am training for a half marathon this June, its a midnight run under the summer sun here so I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That midnight run sounds amazing! Where is that at? I used to always train at night. I loved doing speed drills at night, long runs, etc. I often thought if I did a night race I would PR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baahahaha getting caught in the fitted sheet too funny! I love celebrating family birthdays! It's such a fun excuse to get together and eat cake!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fitted sheet cracked me up too! I completely agree about birthdays and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is in Reykjavik, Iceland. I am really excited about it, but it will be really sunny out so it won't feel like a night race but I love the summer midnight sun so that is fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so interesting! I forgot about the sun shining all the time in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT IS THIS COOKIE DOUGH HEAVEN YOU ARE SPEAKING OF

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS