2.07.2014

Photography Friday - Week 5 // Something or Someone you Love


Welcome to week 5 of Photography Friday. Photography Friday is a 20 week challenge to help improve our photography skills. There is a weekly prompt / theme for each week that you can be as creative with it as you'd like. This week theme is something or someone you love and next week's theme is anything Valentine's Day related. For further information please click here

__________________________________________

I don't know where you live but currently in NW Oklahoma we are snowed in. I took the theme of 'something or someone you love' and am going with the something I love as snow days. I don't really love the cold or the snow that much but what I do love is that my husband doesn't have to work as much. He got Tuesday off and we spend the day doing nothing important - all day. It was grand. I also love that snow days inspire baking, soups, crafting, movie watching, etc.  

All of these pictures are taken with my iPhone. I know, it's lazy, but hey - I'm not about to take my tripod out and fancy pancy camera in 8 degree weather. No thanks! Dave and I had breakfast (around 1pm). I pulled out my Korean coffee mugs and we had cafe viennas. We then decided our fat cat needed to go out in the snow and burn some calories. We took him out and buried him. It was funny and he actually didn't hate it as much as I thought he would. Dave and I then went for a walk and although it was cold it was nice to get outside for a little bit. 


What's the weather like where you are at? Feel free to leave me some feedback and of course you are welcome to link up your pictures as well. 

12 comments:

  1. How adorable is the cat stretching out in the snow! Fresh snow always looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hot hot hot in Rio! The air conditioner in our bedroom (the only air conditioned room) is still working, thank God, and I'm praying it keeps working for a couple more months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaaleene - I have to laugh because my cat isn't stretching. He is so fat and never goes outside anymore because he is too scared. So, it snowed and I thought it was high time for him to go outside. He is so upset and is trying to 'stand up' so he won't have to be in the snow. It does look like he is stretching though ... so I should probably go with that so people don't think I'm abusing my kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I remember the hot Brazilian times in December and January. I'm glad you have an ac in your bedroom! I don't remember having any AC when I lived there but I was too little to care. Oh, I do remember coming back to the US and despising AC as it was soooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat in the snow is hilarious! He looks like he's stalking something invisible to our eyes...underneath all those layers of fluff. Also, no shame in iPhone photography. I've taken some of my favorite photos on my phone and generally edit a little with Pixlr, et voila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of all you people and your snow. The southwest has never really felt like home, but it's worse when people are posting such pretty pictures of the snow and trees.

    Iphone or not, you're pictures still look good to me! I absolutely LOVE that last one.

    My Wholesome Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oh my bad sorry kitty! A fat orange cat is even more adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are pretty far from NM, but about 4 hours from Utah and a ski resort....but that requires more effort than my missing of snow really desires...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! You have a wonderful weekend watching the Olympics =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! You really do live out in the country :)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS