7.03.2014

A recap of Whidbey : My heart is full

As many of you know a few weeks ago I went  up to Washington State. I visited Seattle and took a little bit of time to watch a couple of the sunsets. However, those things aren't what made my trip great. I went up to Whidbey Island to see my siblings, to celebrate Elliot's 2nd birthday and to see Zachary.



I don't even know how to put it into words but we had such a wonderful time. We didn't really do anything out of the ordinary but the ordinary moments were just so darn fun! We cooked, we watched The World Cup (go Brasil!), we played with the nephews, we talked and shared about life, we went to the park and just had a great time.

My favorite moment of the whole trip happened during meals. Side note, but don't just some of the best memories in life happen over meals? I think so! Anyways, we were eating and someone raised their hands and said "touchdown!" Well, we all started doing that, then the nephews joined in and when little kids do things it's 100 times more entertaining. Then it went from "touchdown" to "goooooooaaaaaaaaaal." I had to laugh because seriously, the things we do to entertain little kids.



Have you ever tried to pose a 2 and 1 year old for pictures? Yeah, me either until this trip. I sat the nephews on this big chair for some pictures. Well one of them slouched down and of course the other kid had to be the same so they were both slouching. I decided I'd just take pictures just how they were; slouching and all. Then after I snapped their pictures they were so excited about their slouching "We did it! We did it!" Not quiet little boys but you sure are cute. 


You guys have no idea what one piece of chocolate mousse pie will do to kids. Like they will spin in circles for hours (with hugs in between the spinning).


Breakfast at the Knead and Feed! It's a local joint up on Whidbey. It over looks the water and serves some of the best homemade cinnamon rolls ever.


After breakfast we tried to get some pictures of the nephews. You think after the slouching couch experience I would have learned my lesson but I didn't and tried again. I think the 'non-posing' ones are the best.


Father's Day Pictures

 Pool Time - and yes, we boiled hot water to mix in with the freezing water.


This kid is definitely related to my side of the family because he can put down food like no one's business. I secretly love it because I also have that large and in charge appetite which means we will all have family meals for years to come. Oh and here are the birthday pictures. 


Shy birthday boy!


Ok, so Elliot wanted to blow out his candles twice. Fine by us but I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: me and my brother are droolers. I mean, if I'm super tired and go to bed ... my pillow is wet with drool in the morning (ew!). Well, little Elliot apparently inherited that trait too. Poor kid - the drool is apparent in these pics. I think it's cute =)


And if you aren't in my family and have made it this far in this post, I congratulate you! I'm so thankful I got to go and spend time with my siblings and nephews. It was a huge blessing. 


Tell me about your family! 
How many siblings do you have? Do you get along? Do you live close or far away?
Is anyone else out there an Aunt??? It's the best! 

10 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures! I love Seattle too!! The touchdown one reminds me of my nephew who just passed away - we used to do that with him! He loved shouting touchdown and putting his hands up the air. Way too cute at that age. Glad you had a great time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being an aunt!!!! We have 5 nieces/ nephews on my husband's side (he is the baby) and they all live in town! It is so fun to have monthly family gatherings! WE are super close to all his siblings (2 others+ 2 spouses)and also all my siblings (three younger than me)! It is fun switching from house to house because at his parents we are one of the adults and at my house we are just one of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the best!!! That is fun that you have so many nieces and nephews. I hope you get home soon so you can all hang out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a hard time replying to you because my heart is sad for you about your nephew. I know God gives comfort and I'm thankful for that and trust that He is continuing to do that for you and for your family. I'm also super thankful you had really good memories like that with your nephews. They are super cute at that age and seeing life through their eyes is just fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of nieces and nephews and sounds like so much fun!!! You are super blessed to live so close to all of your family. I'm glad you get to enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be sad to live so far away from family. I have 4 siblings and 12 nieces and nephews (plus one on the way), and it is so tough to only get to see them once a year (sometimes even less). :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great trip to Washington! I'm impressed that you were able to get such good pictures of a 1 and 2 year old, your nephews are so cute!
    1) I have 2 younger siblings; a sister that lives 15 minutes from me and a brother who lives in California.
    2) We get along.
    3) I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews on my husbands side. They live 3 hours away, and are SO fun! I am going to see them at the end of this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is sad at times but I've been telling myself that God gives me what I need and if I needed them here he would send them. It doesn't mean there aren't hard days where I miss them but it's just life for now. 12 nieces and nephews = AWESOME! That is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thank you! They did try to sit and take pictures for me it just didn't last long.


    1. Yay for sisters that live close! Do you get together a lot with her? I always wished my sisters were closer so I could bake with them. & California! That's far away. booooo
    2. That is awesome and a blessing. I always hear of people who don't get along with their siblings and I think it is so sad.
    3. I'm glad you get to see your nieces and nephews at the end of the month. That will be really exciting. My sister is due again in December and I'm crossing my fingers because let's be real: I HAVE HAIR BOWS I NEED TO MAKE =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get to see my sister all the time! It's fun! How exciting to have a new niece on the way! I love making stuff for my nieces. My niece got her ears pierced last year and I made her a jewelry box complete with cheap jewelry and it was so fun to put together! I should attempt hair bows.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS