4.24.2014

Brazilian Limeades


I was thrilled when Samantha announced that limes were the main ingredient for Cooks in the Kitchen. It was the perfect opportunity to share a little piece of what I love with you.

Being born and having spent the first nine years of my life in Brazil was an experience that still impacts me today. I'm grateful for the childhood years lived in another country allowing me to see a different way of life. Brazilian food was also a big part of my childhood years. I can't recount the various occasions we visited people's homes and spent time getting to know one another over a meal or coffee. If you visited someone's home there was food involved - lots of it! To this day I still love Brazilian food and I enjoy cooking it at home. I wanted to start documenting some of these recipes. It's a little piece of what I love so dearly, shared with you.

Do you like limeades? What's your favorite drink to make?

To read more about Brazil check out the following posts:
Brazilian Collard Greens 
My Parent's Story of Being Missionaries in Brazil
Where I Come From

29 comments:

  1. Yum!! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beka, these look amazing! I can't wait to give try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks awesome! Thanks for sharing - I just pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. limonada suíça! my husband's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will enjoy them. I don't make them too often because of all the sweetened condensed milk but a treat now and then is really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe this is what I will make for my next "cheat day". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this looks so amazing and refreshing! Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot all about that Brazilian name! Do they still make them this way in Brazil? I sure do wish they had fresh pressed sugar cane juice here in the States. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had it with the ice blended in, but they do use the sweetened condensed milk. It's a little too sweet for my liking, but Peter, having grown up here, is obsessed with anything made with sweetened condensed milk or doce de leite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just added the ice in because me and my sister do that. I didn't know Brazilians didn't add ice. I do think they are super sweet! I think the milk can be reduced to preference.Yes to the sweetened condensed milk. My dad sometimes boils a can of it so it will turn to caramel and then he eats it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Pinning this to my "drinks" board for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Healthy globetrottingApril 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM

    Looks delicious-the perfect summer drink! I need to encorperate lime into my juices more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum this sounds so good! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks awesome! I love that it's Brazilian! I totally want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm this sounds delicious - I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! Maybe you can drink it while downing a whole bag of pretzels. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I put lime and lemons on so much stuff! They are some of my favorite ingredients. Hope you enjoy the drink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course! Thanks for hosting it. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks! If you try it out let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  21. for sure! It's super good. You can always add less or more of the milk too. Some people don't like it as sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking this up again today to make my shopping list, and I realized I forgot to say your photography looks great! Looks like your photography challenge is helping you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy! These sound delicious. I am definitely going to try 'em. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so welcome! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so nice! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I definitely agree that the photography challenge has helped me out. People's tips and tricks, along with a bunch of practice, have really helped me out.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS